tuscl

Has this ever happened to you?

Monday, October 17, 2005 6:18 PM
So I was at a local club, not my normal venue but one that serves alcohol. I'm not interested in getting dances there, because they're mostly air, but I've been tipping the girls.

During a dance special, I'm turning down girls for dances, and some prick comes up and askes me why I would come to a strip club and not get dances. First off, who the heck is this guy? He has a girl on his arm and is trying to get me to get a dance from her. Who the heck does he think he is, her pimp?

That was a first for me. I can understand dancers getting ticked off if I'm not getting dances from them, but why would a customer get cheesed off by this? I'm thinking he was drunk or something -- I don't normally go to clubs that serve -- or maybe he was actually her pimp or something.

I left the club almost immediately after that and don't intend on returning. I'm not going to pan the club with a bad review because it wasn't their fault, but they lost a customer tonight.

5 comments

• casualguy
    19 years ago
    I don't remember any customer saying anything about not getting dances but I remember a DJ telling everyone that Tipping is not a city in China. Sounds like one though. I once got very annoyed at a waitress who told me if I didn't order a drink, I would need to leave her table because she is serving paying customers. I just had two drinks before she came over and I was sitting there for just 30 minutes or so. I left her table without getting one and got a bunch of drinks from another waitress.
  • casualguy
    19 years ago
    I wouldn't let some drunk jerk stop you from going to a club you like. He may have been curious and totally uninhibited so he asked a stupid question and any stupid answer would have been good enough for him. Answers like "I don't like wasting my money on air dances here when I get better dances down the road" would make him wonder. An answer like "I just got a ton of dances here last week and need to watch my spending" would probably shut him up as well. He's just being a jerk and is not really interested in you but just in acting drunk is my opinion. You might even tell him a story about after your divorce that you envy him and all the high roller cash he has to spend since you barely have enough after alimony to get inside and tip a few girls. I'd just chalk it up to drunken curiousity and any answer even a lie would satisfy him.
  • AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    If you were tipping he was way out of line. Wait. He was way out of line period. I've comiserated with dancers about lurkers who don't tip and nurse a coke for 3 hours, but it isn't my place to lecture them. The dancers will ignore them. If you were tipping he was extremely way out of line. I might have mentioned to the manager why I was leaving on the way out. Customers being harassed by customers is his concern and he might want to put a stop to it.
  • chandler
    19 years ago
    Air Dance Pimp? Nope, that's something I haven't seen.
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    Lots of customers go to clubs without getting dances. Some of them can't afford it, some don't think it's worth the money, some just aren't interested, and everyone who works in the clubs knows that. Every club that serves alcohol has regular customers who just sit at the bar drinking and talking to the girls. I've never heard of anyone - dancer, manager or customer - objecting one way or another. That guy sounds like a real jerk. But then every club has some of tose too.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion