tuscl

Ever met a woman before she became a dancer?

Sunday, October 23, 2005 6:54 PM
Have any of you ever had one of your friends become a dancer after you got to know them? This has only happened to me once. Honestly, she was one of the last women I would have ever expected to become one; not that she wasn't attractive (she was cute), but she didn't strike me as the type to become one. I didn't find out until after her audition; she said that it was "research" (she was a sociology grad student) but I suspect that it had more to do with the money and perhaps curiosity than research.

14 comments

• Clubber
    19 years ago
    Twice. One was the wife of a co-worker. She started after a amatuer show in Key West during a poker run. The other I knew I ran into at a local club when she was anounced. I told my fried, I know a girl with that name (not a common one). It was her. Nothing came of it, other then it was our secret amoung our common friends. To me, the strangest part, both worked the same club.
  • chandler
    19 years ago
    AN: Do you mean not the same because she was already stripping when you met her as a waitress, you just didn't know it? That could almost never happen to me, because I don't go to the three pitiful clubs in the town where I live. However, at the nearest club where I do go, about 70 miles away, a surprising number of dancers are from my town, so it could happen. They're there for the same reason as me - sucky clubs back home. Regardless, I don't meet that many women half my age outside of clubs like I used to, so geography may not make any difference.
  • AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    I talked to her the night I saw her on stage and she said she'd been stripping long before trying waitressing. I just didn't know it, so she'd been a stripper long before I knew her, but I knew her for a long time before I knew she was a stripper. She was trying to quit, but couldn't make enough money as a waitress. Nice girl. It was also an interesting fantasy come true since I always thought she was attractive.
  • chandler
    19 years ago
    I should clarify: I don't meet as many women half my *current* age - in their early 20s - as I used to. Not that, e.g., when I was 30 I met gobs of 15 year olds. There, I feel better now.
  • casualguy
    19 years ago
    Lol, I think I spotted a potential stripper jogging in her shorts just the other day. Now I just need to get her over to my house to start her lessons. :)

LOL, sorry guys, I would keep her as a personal stripper and not professional.
  • casualguy
    19 years ago
    I met one girl many years ago who happened to be working at the same place as me ask me what I thought about her becoming a stripper. She said she knew I went to some strip clubs and she was considering becoming a dancer. I wasn't exactly sure if this meant she just wanted my opinion or wanted to spend some time with me or what.

I don't intentionally encourage people to become strippers. Now that I think about it though, I could offer girls a compromise. They could come over and strip for me at my house and let me know what they think. I could give them pointers for free. That might take a while though if they look good. :)
  • chandler
    19 years ago
    Chitown, that was so droll, I'm still working on it. It's like, almost all women you've met had not yet become dancers, which is not to necessarily say they became dancers later? Hmmm... the jury's still out on that one. Maybe I'll suddenly burst out laughing sometime tomorrow.

And here I thought you were commenting on AN's "better stripper than waitress" line.
  • chitownlawyer
    19 years ago
    OK, OK, even McGuire didn't hit a home run every time he was at bat.....
  • JC2003
    19 years ago
    Let's skip the "sex favors" bit for now and just focus on the dancing bit. I am talking about women who became professional strippers -- most if not all of their income comes from tips gotten while dancing for customers at strip clubs.

Perhaps I was too vague in phrasing the question. I suppose that you could have misinterpreted my question to mean ballerinas and tap dancers, but I had hoped the context of the post would be enough to convey my meaning.
  • chitownlawyer
    19 years ago
    Yes, that describes almost all women I have met.
  • JC2003
    19 years ago
    Really? Almost every woman you've met socially eventually started stripping and doing sex favors for money? Excuse me but that seems a little bit far-fetched. Some clarification?
  • chitownlawyer
    19 years ago
    OK, so it was a not-particularly artful attempt at a play on the word before (as in "they stopped him _before_ he jumped off the cliff")

Do you really believe that all dancers do sex acts for money? Are you considering the act of dancing itself to be such a sex act, or do you believe that all dancers perform actual sexual acts (penetrative intercourse, oral sex, etc) for money? IF so, another question...where do you meet these dancers?
  • AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    Not quite the same, but back in my bartending days I once ran into one of the waitresses that I worked with, on stage at a local club. She was a better stripper than waitress.
  • chandler
    19 years ago
    My girlfriend's best friend from back around 1989 was like an ROB archetype - a drama queen, manipulative, with a weakness for lowlife abusive boyfriends. Worshipped Axl Rose. She was a perpetual college student who couldn't hold a job in retail. A year or so after my girlfriend and I broke up, a new club opened in town, and I heard her friend was stripping there. I never saw her, though. I didn't go to strip clubs back then.

A few years before that, I had dated a lingerie model I've written about earlier. She told me she was moving to Las Vegas to model, but I'm fairly sure it was really to strip. She definitely had the look, the attitude, and even the dumb blonde voice, although she was a brunette.

Since I've been going to clubs, about 11-12 years now, all I can think of are waitresses, strippers' friends, etc.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion