tuscl

Behold, What The Inside Of A Strip Club Looks Like During The Day

Have you ever contemplated what the dark, smokey halls of a strip club would like under the light of day? Perhaps at night, with the right lighting and levels of inebriation, the debaucherous institutions possess a certain majestic quality to the patrons who love them the most. But what do those velvet sofas and empty poles look like in the waking hours?

Photographer Christopher Sturman answers the question quite beautifully in his series "NYC Strip." For the project, he ventured to two different clubs -- New York City's Privilage and Rick's Cabaret -- capturing the empty venues that are rarely viewed without the crowds and scandalous activities that define them. The photos were originally published in 125 Magazine's Naked Issue, cleverly providing a "naked" perspective on the strip clubs themselves.

With an objective almost clinical lens, Sturman maneuvers his way through the unchartertered territory, shifting our focus to the oft-overlooked aspects of the clubs. There are no nude bodies, tassle-clad ensembles, ravenous consumers or back room depravity to speak of. It's as if Sturman is a crime scene photographer, and we've yet to see what horrific events unfolded in the abandoned spaces.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/12…

8 comments

• VeryBigDawg
    11 years ago
    These do not look that bad. Atalanta clubs are very dark. Have been there at 3:00AM when the bright lights go on at closing. That is very ugly. Your eyes can see everything and after a night of use, all the defects of the club are glaring. YMMV.
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    I used to visit a local club during the day to work on their computer system. It was also a club I frequented. Nothing bad about the days, but it was enjoyable when they opened at noon. If I was working then, the dancers came in and lucky for me, their main server was in the dressing room area.
  • Tiredtraveler
    11 years ago
    That must be before the club opened for the first time or was remodeled. No drink or other stains on the floor, no scratches on the stage. No sticky spots on the couches. LOL
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    I've seen the clean-up crew at my local spot when I passed by around 7 am. Nothing to worry about. I pulled in, spoke some Spanish, and had a look around. Same old same.
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    "I've seen the clean-up crew at my local spot"

Were they dressed in HAZMAT suits?
  • bang69
    11 years ago
    I all ready know what the inside a strip club looks like when its closed
  • gawker
    11 years ago
    I didn't see any cum laden napkins tucked into the folds of the leatherette couches. Nor did I see discarded condoms or their wrappers tossed aside in haste. So much for cinema verite.
  • rockstar666
    11 years ago
    That place looks better in the light than my club does in the dark!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion