tuscl

Lawsuit claims owners of Detroit strip club liable in sex trafficking case

A new lawsuit aims to make a statement in the sex trafficking case that stretched from Eastern Europe to Detroit.

The case involved several women brought from the Ukraine to Detroit. The woman worked as dancers at the former Cheetah's Strip Club on Eight Mile.

Two young women from the Ukraine, who spoke no English, answered ads for waitress jobs and wound up in Detroit at the strip club.

The woman where forced to work 12 hours a days, six days a week. They were forced to hand over all of their identification papers and money to their employers whom the suit says beat and raped the woman. The two women were held captive inside a suburban home and watched closely.

This went on for nine months back in 2005. One of the women became suicidal and yet she was still forced to keep on dancing.

Arrests have already been made in the case.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/lawsu…

9 comments

• duomaxwell
    11 years ago
    GOOD
  • SuperDude
    11 years ago
    Cheetahs is now Ace of Spades, a gangsta hangout. Almost all of the dancers are Black.
  • goodsouthernboy
    11 years ago
    Damn, that's awful...
  • georgmicrodong
    11 years ago
    Red hot pokers. Rusty barbed wire.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    I hope them dudes get jailhouse justice.
  • ilbbaicnl
    11 years ago
    Sounds like what's going on is that the prosecutor doesn't think it can be proven beyond a reasonable doubt that the club owners are co-conspirators. But the women's attorneys think there is a preponderance of the evidence that they are co-conspirators, so they are going after the owners in civil court.
  • ilbbaicnl
    11 years ago
    Never do crimes against a stripper, you may end up playing drop-the-soap with her boyfriend.
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    I remember this case being mentioned in a series on MSNBC on domestic human trafficking.
  • jackslash
    11 years ago
    I came across this article, which gives more details of this horrible sex trafficking.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/w…
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion