tuscl

Deputies say drug, prostitution sting at Little Darlings strip club in Lemon Gro

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
LEMON GROVE, Calif. - An eight-month undercover investigation into drugs and prostitution at a Lemon Grove strip club netted three arrests, with more likely, authorities said Friday.

Detectives made the arrests Thursday night at the Little Darlings Strip Club at 8290 Broadway Avenue, according to San Diego County sheriff's Lt. Hank Turner.

One employee was arrested on suspicion of drug possession, a second on suspicion of possession of narcotics for sale and a third in connection with an outstanding arrest warrant, he said in a statement.

According to Turner, the investigation was prompted by a number of community complaints about illegal drug use, drug sales and acts of prostitution at the business.

"Detectives conducted about a dozen undercover operations over the last eight months," Turner said. "Dancers and employees sold and supplied undercover detectives with narcotics or drugs on eight separate occasions.

Undercover detectives also witnessed or were solicited for lewd and lascivious acts for money."

Undercover detectives also allegedly saw repeated licensing violations, including the sale of alcohol to undercover detectives without identification.[In a juice bar}?

"The investigation into Little Darlings will continue as detectives examine evidence seized at the location and plan to seek additional arrest warrants for other criminal activities," Turner said, adding that detectives found drugs on the premises, some of it packaged for sale.

4 comments

• SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    I wonder how much money was spent versus how much money & drugs were netted. My guesstimate is the operation was a waste of time & tax payer capital. But hey, that's what law enforcement is for. It's a lot safer going after gals in heels and the men who love them versus bringing down current and future Walter Whites.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    11 years ago
    I always had the impression that San Diego clubs were low on extras. The drugs don't surprise me, but it's interesting to note the prostitution charges here. The article doesn't state whether or not the prostitution offered would have been conducted ITC or OTC, so it's difficult to evaluate the extras opportunities there. However, this is one of three clubs outside of the San Diego city limits that are within the metropolitan area. Maybe those clubs can get away with a little more than the 13 clubs within the city. (Oceanside and Chula Vista being the other two locations outside of the city limits.)
  • mjx01
    11 years ago
    popular post... 'the strip club hound' blog has the exact story up (maybe shadow is the hound?)
  • tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    We don't know what Shad is,anyone garner to spec?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion