tuscl

I hope they win this one. Then maybe we could get more and better looking dancer

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
A lawsuit has been filed claiming that strip club workers are being charged an excessive and unconstitutional fee to work in the city of Atlanta.

The lawsuit states that the city charges employees of adult entertainment clubs $375 for a one-year work permit and an annual renewal fee of $350.

Those fees exceed what's required under city code: a $50 application fee, $300 permit fee and $100 annual renewal fee, the lawsuit alleges.

It also contends that workers at other establishments where alcohol is served are not subject to the work permit fee, fingerprinting and “subjective” background checks required of employees at adult entertainment clubs serving alcohol.

“The city's permit scheme is unconstitutional, and it's associated fees are unlawful and improper,” Atlanta attorney Cary S. Wiggins wrote in the lawsuit.

The lawsuit was filed in Fulton County Superior Court on behalf of six people who work at licensed adult entertainment establishments as a bartender, floor manager, manager and performers.

It asks the judge to force the city to reduce the permit fee and refund past permit fees to all adult entertainment club employees, not just those filing the lawsuit.

Melissa Mullinax, a city spokeswoman, said the city doesn't comment on pending legislation

3 comments

• zipman68
    11 years ago
    Maybe they should waive all the fees for hot dancers. I'd sign up to be a judge. The process could be kind of like an "exploited college girls" shoot...if their hot and entertaining, no fee!
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    11 years ago
    That happens a lot. Cities try to impose burdensome fees to discourage strip clubs or their entertainers. Then the cities get "caught with their pants down" when they can't demonstrate that the cost of the fee is proportionate to the work involved in issuing the permit or license. I could maybe see a large initial fee, but in this case, Atlanta is essentially saying it costs them as much to re-verify an existing license as it does to issue a new license. Complete BS!
  • JuiceBox69
    11 years ago
    Goddamn shadow is going for a record or something
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion