tuscl

HR & Management Meetings

Hola, mis amigos. I hope all is well and smooth on this most magnificent of Mondays. Earlier this morning, while at work, I was forced to endure yet another meeting concocted by our friends in management and human resources. This time it was about "Diversity In The Workplace". Last week the Safety Committee put on their annual July heat and hydration presentation. When will it end with these meetings? Security. Harassment. Discrimination. Private Policy. It never ends.
Which leads me to strip clubs. The employees of strip clubs probably never have to sit through this rigmarole. Or do they? Maybe at some of the big chain clubs they do have sit through this shit. I would love to know if the strip clubs had similar policies. Or would they be different based upon the nature of the business? Just something that was on my mind. Any thoughts on your mind?

8 comments

• shadowcat
    11 years ago
    The only meetings that I have ever heard about were to discuss club policy and procedures.
  • sclvr5005
    11 years ago
    Lol are you kidding? I doubt if any of the employees or "management" for that matter have ever been to an HR type of meeting in their lives. Most have absolutely no people skills and we know that harassment & discrimination (not to mention nepotism) is rampant in SC's aimed at both dancers and customers alike. Most wouldn't know good customer service if it came up and bit them in the ass.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    11 years ago
    I'm with Shadow. I have heard of "all-club meetings" (with of all of the employees--dancers, d.js., waitresses, bouncers, managers, etc.). One agenda item was to discuss "toning-down-the-extras-because-the-cops-are-on-to-us." And, on occasion in those types of meetings you might find that the strip club world bears (pun intended) some resemblance to the real world.
  • tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    Blondie!Keep his cock out of your mouth.
    DJ!stop fucking that twentysomething.
    Barkeep!You know your on camera.
    Manager!You know your being shipped off.
    Bouncer!Smack that guy with the stupid T shirt.
  • jackslash
    11 years ago
    Strip clubs may not have the boring HR meetings common to big corporations, but I know they have meetings and dancers must attend (while not being paid for their time). My ATF told me about a required meeting for all dancers where the owner said they had to start wearing long gowns. The dancers, of course, had to pay for these gowns themselves.
  • gatorfan
    11 years ago
    I went to a meeting once but they kicked me out because I wouldn't say I was an alcoholic.
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    If I only have one or two meetings a week, I'm doing good.

I have heard about a meeting in one club where all the dancers had to show up for the shift because the manager was tired of most dancer's showing up way too late. That forces the dancers to arrive earlier than many probably wanted to. I arrived shortly afterwards and saw tons of dancers and very few customers. There were dancers all over the place.

Most dancers probably have no idea what it's like to sit through some boring video for an hour or two and still be expected to get all of your regular work done. Then this stuff pops up just about every month.
  • lopaw
    11 years ago
    Usually they have meetings only when something bad has happened or is about to happen. From what I have seen the non-corporate "mom & pop" joints are poorly managed and I wouldn't trust most managers to change the toilet paper in the bathrooms. They are often incompetent and clueless.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion