tuscl

"Vision Louisville"

georgmicrodong
Just a fat, creepy old pervert.
So I just saw on the news a story about this program. They're taking suggestions about how to improve Louisville over the next 25 years. I'm thinking about suggesting that prostitution be decriminalized, regulated and taxed. How do you think that'll go over?

16 comments

• motorhead
    11 years ago
    I think eventually the time will come.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Don't forget the legalization of cannabis. It is the "Bluegrass State", after all.
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    I think you would have better luck trying to get them to ban the Kentucky Derby.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    Well both marijuana and gay marriage seem on their way towards legalization nationwide – so maybe prostitution is not that much of a long shot - it *is* legal in one state (Nevada) and many or most other 1st world countries.
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    I agree Papi. That is my logic also.

Seems prostitution has been "historically acceptable" at times Back in the 1870's wild wesr when there were whore houses above every saloon, was prostitution actually legal or just tolerated. Guessing the time will come in the next 25 years that it's tolerated again. Unless some heinous new disease related to sex pops up again.
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    Before suddenly talking about legalization, I would lead in that almost all humans have sex. It's in our nature to have sex. Then I'd talk about removing government penalties imposed on something almost everyone does. Well maybe criminal penalties. The government could impose taxes if people pay. Of course that might lead to legalizing brothels. I see a greater chance of weed getting legalized since some people want to impose their religious beliefs on others.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    11 years ago
    I think it'll go over like a fart in a space suit.
  • jester214
    11 years ago
    Pro-Prostitution people are still very fringe in this country which can't be said of marijuana and gay marriage.

Even I've somewhat backed off my belief that widespread legalized prostitution is a great idea.
  • grand1511
    11 years ago
    Do all of it in one big step, legalize pot-smoking gay prosttutes!
  • georgmicrodong
    11 years ago
    Marijuana has a chance here; gay marriage, not so much. That's been outlawed via constitutional amendment, so unless the Feds pull another civil war move, it'll be off the table until the amendment is repealed.
  • mjx01
    11 years ago
    WTF? Where in the US Constitution do you suppose that it gmd?

It's only a matter of time till US supreme court strikes down state constitutions banning gay marriage. DOMA being struck down, although limited in scope, is only the first domino.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    There's this historian named Thadeus Russell who authored a book,"Renegade History of the United States". Great book and an insight to me. Check it out, folks.
  • georgmicrodong
    11 years ago
    @mjx01: The Kentucky constitution, not the federal one.

The Supremes can overturn any statute they want. I expect attacks on state constitutions to generate arguments about the Ninth Amendment.
  • mjx01
    11 years ago
    don't understand why the 9th applies.

state bans, even in state constitutions, will be struck down based on equal protection IMO. If it is unconstitutional (federally) to deny equal inheritance, taxation, medical decisions, etc rights in federal law, doesn't it have to also be unconstitutional for state law to do the same thing?
  • mjx01
    11 years ago
    (maybe it would just be easier to outlay all marriage... then we'd all be equally protected from some suckubus taking half of everything plus indefinite support payments)
  • georgmicrodong
    11 years ago
    @mjx01: I didn't say it would be a *valid* argument. :) I just expect it to be argued.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion