tuscl

Is it worth while for a dancer to drive two days to North Dakota to dance for a

I'm just wondering. I believe the area is the North Dakota oil sands area. I'll probably find out in a couple of weeks but wondered if anyone had an opinion here.

5 comments

• duomaxwell
    11 years ago
    Unless the dancer in question is making $2k per night, fuck no.
  • Chili Palmer
    11 years ago
    She'll typically have to book at one of the few clubs at least 4 weeks in advance...she can't just show up and expect to go onstage. There's no housing for her, so she'll stay in a dormitory with other dancers about 3 blocks from the club. Expected earnings in the 1-2k per WEEK, not night. Shifts are NINE hours long (that's a looong time in 6" heels).

I assume you're asking for a friend. ND isn't the worst place to be, but you can probably see it from there. Seems like a hard, hard way to make a buck in a g-string.

CP
  • duomaxwell
    11 years ago
    Sounds terrible. Sounds absolutely, horribly terrible.
  • DandyDan
    11 years ago
    I can't imagine a stripper wanting to go to Williston just to dance. That seems like a horrible situation to put yourself into. I imagine it's similar to the situation this one dancer I know put herself into dancing in Junction City, KS, which is next to Fort Riley. Everyone there is in the Army, and the customers there are all basically alike. Similarly, I imagine up in Williston, all the customers are in the oil business and that they are all basically alike. It probably depends on how much money can be made, but even if there were a lot to be made, the human element may be quite low there.
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    I'll probably hear about it when she gets back. She already had a job lined up and a place to stay at. I think she was even going to travel with two other dancers.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion