tuscl

Advice needed soon.

AbbieNormal
Maryland
Anybody have a good recipe for a cassoulet? I want to use lamb and canellini beans with tomatoes (I know, I know...). I'm not really fond of fennel, but I have some lovely fresh basil. I also have a decent burgundy, but I'm wondering if I can get away with a cheaper pinot noir, or maybe even a merlot I've been trying to get rid of. Wait...this isn't marthastewart.com!!! Oh my god what did I post under recipe exchange!!!

18 comments

• AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    Well, I have two opinions equally strongly held. One is reality as I want it, which consists of the Steelers squeaking one out against the Colts, going to New England and ramming the ball down their throats on the ground all day, moving on to the Super Bowl against the Redskins (whom I dislike) where the lightweight NFC is once again embarassed by a serious AFC team with a real running game and D. Bettis runs for 2 touchdowns and over 100 yards, Ward catches one of Big Ben's passes for a touchdown. It'd be nice to see Willie Parker and Dan Kreider get a touchdown too. I'd be almost as happy beating just about any of the NFC teams. Reality? I have serious doubts about the Steelers stopping the Colts. Unless they learned something about countering the no-huddle very recently I don't see it. I think New England will take the AFC. In the NFC, I don't think the Redskins are a serious contender, but then I feel the same about Seattle. Seattle had a creampuff schedule as far as I'm concerned. The Bears are probably my favorite, but I have a history of being disappointed. Still, I'd like to see both the Bears and Redskins advance. Of the teams left, my feeling is that the Bears are the best, but I have a feeling it'll be the Redskins and Carolina. Unfortunately my gut tells me it'll be Carolina advancing, just because there is no justice in the world. If it is Carolina vs. New england it'll be a very boring Super Bowl.
  • minnow
    19 years ago
    Here's my WAG SB prediction: Pats and da Bears. Pats avenge '86 SB loss to Bears. History has a way of repeating itself. Consider: '96SB, Cowboys avenge 76 SB(but not 79SB) loss to Steelers. 83SB: Redskins avenge '73SB loss to Dolphins. I'll let AN the stat analyst figure out the odds on this one.
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    AN, do they still make Iron City? Somewhere I read that they recently went backrupt. I agree that it sucks but some of their cans were cool (I have 5 different cans honoring Steeler national championship teams, a couple honoring Penn State teams, and about a dozen different Old Frothingsloshes, all more than 20 years old - I used to collect them for my kids.) And I compliment you on drinking Yuengling, the best beer made in America.
  • AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    What the hell "did" I post obviously. Just re-read it and it's far less sexual than most of the Steelers fans, so I'm OK.
  • AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    Shit this isn't "Fantasy Football Roundup"?!!! What the hell ddi I post under "Rothlesburger"?!?
  • casualguy
    19 years ago
    I'll be rooting for the Panthers. Might have something to do with their proximity to me.

If you need advice here is some. Check the web site you are posting to before you click on submit.
  • AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    New England at Denver, Redskins at Seattle, Pittsburgh at Indy and Carolina at Chicago... Not that I pay that much attention.
  • chandler
    19 years ago
    AN, I'm not even sure who's playing. Is it Steelers at Indy? I'll be pretty torn over who to root for in that. I do enjoy seeing Peyton Manning's meticulous game plan get ripped to shreds.
  • lopaw
    19 years ago
    One Manning boy down, one to go........
  • AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    So you're giving points then, right?
  • chandler
    19 years ago
    I predict Manning is gonna choke again, not commit suicide.
  • chandler
    19 years ago
    I predict the week after next it's going to snow inside that dome in Indy, and that Manning twerp will choke and the Patriots will bury the Colts.
  • AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    Can't happen. The Colts don't play the Patriots till after the Steelers... :)
  • AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    I've downloaded and been playing the Steelers polka for the last half hour... Gotta love a team with a polka for a fight song. Drinking Yuengling presently. Even I'll admit IC sucks.
  • AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    Oh, by the way, anybody giving points on Indy? Chitown? Chandler? Any other unidentified midwesterners?
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    Forget the merlot and the pinot, tonight you should be drinking Iron City. Or better yet Old Frothingslosh.
  • AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    Lemme think... Huge breasts... juices flowing... bake at 350 for 20 minutes per pound... yeah, might work.
  • chandler
    19 years ago
    Tell them you meant to post about groping a turkey, or getting mileage out of your minivan.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion