tuscl

Baltimore

Going to Baltimore, staying Tuesday night...what is the best place and is it safe walking there from inner harbor?

7 comments

• Doc_Holliday
    11 years ago
    dunno. but on safety, yeah. Baltimore has a rep for being balls-out tough. But I have wandered around the block and surrounding punk clubs drunk, late, many a time.
  • mjx01
    11 years ago
    I assume you are referring to The Block, right?

B-more has a high crime rate. The immediate inner harbor area (Light St, Pratt St, S President St, convention center) isn't (shouldn't be) as bad as pretty much anywhere else IMO. There are several decent hotels between Pratt and Baltimore St (which The Block is on). If you're staying at one of the really really close hotels, you'll probably be OK for a block or two as long as you're not out too late, but I personally would not want to walk very far or very late.

I've only been to the Hustler club on The Block. It was recommended by a friend in B-more area as the best Block club although not the highest mileage. Hustler was nice and most other Block clubs looked fairly rough IMO.

If for some reason you feel inclined to check out Scores on Fallsway (a few miles from the block), be aware that the large municipal parking lot there closes fairly early.
  • rickdugan
    11 years ago
    The Block is generally walking distance, but most of those clubs are tourist traps that run expensive dancer drink hustles. I have heard it rumored that fun is available in the back of some of these places, but for the absurd money that these clubs want I always pass on trips to the VIP/CR. I took out from one of the clubs on the Block a few years back and even THAT was one of my worst p4p experiences in several years. Everything is about hustling the tourists there.

It is generally understood that the best clubs in B'More are further away from the tourist areas. My favorite in that town is the Players Club.

In any event, good luck!
  • Jackmd
    11 years ago
    I would recommend going to the Block as the numerious clubs will probably meet anyone's needs. Day shift ( noon to 6:00) is safer and more fun, but if you like staying out late to teach young thugs respect for their elders by all means go after 6:00PM.
  • duomaxwell
    11 years ago
    I recommend Hustler on the Block. It really isn't dangerous there, there are cops on every street corner that will keep you from getting robbed, but they don't give a fuck about what goes on in the clubs.
  • ilbbaicnl
    11 years ago
    I went two 3 or 4 Block clubs once on Sunday afternoon/evening. One was Hustlers. The only one I liked was Norma Jeans. All Black dancers. About half had "gansta" booties (too big for me). But the others were my type (see my profile pics). It was pretty slow, some of the girls were giving quick grinds for $1 to guys right at their table.
  • steve3000
    11 years ago
    If you'll be at the Inner Harbor, The Block is the place to go. At least to say that you've been there... Take a look around at a few clubs (no cover) and see if any are to your liking. I have never found them to be to mine, but it's an experience. Then hit the Hustler Club. It's on East Baltimore Street ("The Block") but is not considered a "Block bar". It a traditional American strip club and my current go-to place for nude entertainment and two-way lap dances. Check their website for specials and discount admission. If you drive, parking at the Custom House garage is convenient - right around the corner from Hustler. Scores is also a good club, but too far to walk from Inner Harbor, IMO.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion