tuscl

Can you legally be a stripper and be under 18?

I was in club in RI recently and one of the girls I was spending some time with said that she started stripping a few years ago in Connecticut at age 17. I was surprised and she said that it was OK as long as you had working papers. I know there was a loophole in RI until a few years ago and that was supposedly fixed but hadn't heard that this was happening in other states.
So...rather than doing lots of internet searching, thought I would ask my buddies on TUSCL as they know everything to know about strip clubs in the US.

18 comments

• shadowcat
    11 years ago
    It's 18 minimum in any club that I have ever been in.
  • tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    Ask Alucard.
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    My brothers ex wife went to a club and tried out when she was 15 or 16. She had a fake id and everything. There were other girls trying out also. She watched one of the other girls try out and got scared and ran out of the building. The dancer claiming to start dancing at 17 is either full of ss or she may have had a fake I'd.

I heard stories also about Anna Nicole Smith dancing before she was 18 in Houston. Her mom supposedly came I to the club and drug her out of a private dance and out the door.
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    Altard doesn't know anything
  • tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    Titty fag!N. Korea is lifting it's ban on same sex marriage.
  • she_is_covfefe
    11 years ago
    One word: don't do it.
  • jackslash
    11 years ago
    A 14-year-old girl was stripping at All Stars in Detroit a few years ago. She reportedly made good money for a couple months before her mother caught her in the club.
  • rl27
    11 years ago
    Two dancers over the years have told me they started dancing when they were under 18, one at age 16, the other age 17. I suspected both were laying out the SS.
  • tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    Yeah Titty you're not my type.
  • farmerart
    11 years ago
    Strippers in Alberta clubs need a licence from civic authorities - 18 is minimum age.
  • yegi
    11 years ago
    <i>I was in club in RI recently and one of the girls I was spending some time with said that she started stripping a few years ago in Connecticut at age 17. I was surprised and she said that it was OK as long as you had working papers. I know there was a loophole in RI until a few years ago and that was supposedly fixed but hadn't heard that this was happening in other states.</i>

I'm not sure about RI, but the working papers thing might be true.

When I was a young broad at the tender age of 16 I decided that it was time to grow up and get my ass a job. Unfortunately most of the places in my area wouldn't hire me since I was too young, <i>unless</i> I had working papers. To get them I had to go to some office in my high school and have my parents sign them, granting me permission to work. Shortly after I found my first job in retail. I don't know if this also applies for clubs.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    “… My brothers ex wife went to a club and tried out when she was 15 or 16 …”

I can see why she is now his ex-wife :)
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    I’ve heard of a fair # of dancers starting before they were 18 but not legally – usually via a fake ID which was a lot easier to obtain in years past.
  • tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    Titty! you gulp?
  • blacky
    11 years ago
    The girl I was talking to was 24 and she said that she started at 17. I don't see why should would bullshit me about this - I could see if she was pretending to be 17 or 16 so I would want to dance with her but no reason to tell me about something she did 7 years ago - not going to affect me at all right now.
    While I have major 2nd thoughts about doing a dance with a girl that is only 16 or 17, I do like them young, so if legal, might be worth a drive to CT as isn't that far for me.
  • samsung1
    11 years ago
    it is either 18 or 21 age minimum at any club I know of...however I do know a couple of strippers who used fake IDs or lax management to start working at the age of 17. Sad how they are going to end up.
  • canny
    11 years ago
    I know two strippers who started before they were 18. One had a fake ID and the other one worked at a real dive where they didn't ask her for an ID.
  • gatorfan
    11 years ago
    Yes you legally can be a stripper

and yes you can be under 18

and yes you can be president

but not all at the same time
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion