tuscl

OT: Roger Ebert

motorhead
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
RIP Roger Ebert, my all-time favorite film critic.

I saw a list of his mosted hated movies in history. Don't get me wrong - I'm not a huge fan of action movies - I would rather watch "Twelve Angry Men" for the 50th time than Fast & Furious Part 106. For "Armageddon" to make the list of the worst movies of all-time, really, Roger? It's humorous and quite entertaining. You missed the mark on that one.

13 comments

• Dougster
    11 years ago
    I'm with him that one was bad. So bad it was funny for a few moments but not enough moments to make it alright. Just torturously bad overall. Think it was Liv Tyler's debut too. Even that couldn't save it.
  • tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    He missed Mr. Rogers neighborhood featuring Alucard.
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    motor,

I saw a list of his that had 55 bad movies listed, "Armageddon", among them. Of those 55, I saw 7. Needless to say, I am not a big movie fan, nor would I ever listen to what someone else thinks about a movie to decide if I wished to see it. If one peaks my interest, I might wait and catch it on TV. Rarely go to a theater. Last movies I've seen in a theater, "2016" (SO and I only ones there for a matinee), "The Passion Of The Christ" ( I was the only one there for a midnight showing), "Titanic", and I think, "Animal House".
  • tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    Clubber!you were'nt Dazzled?
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    I was once Dazzled, but the was at PP in SC, thanks to sc and Avalon07.
  • inno123
    11 years ago
    It only has a 6.4 rating on imdb so nobody is going to be sitting in any archive of cultural treasures anytime soon. It is a typical Michael Bay film: Big, loud, soulless, with cardboard roles.
  • jester214
    11 years ago
    RIP

He wasn't perfect but he was usually pretty dead on with what I thought about a movie. I rarely read his reviews until I'd already seen the movie but it always surprised me how perfect he was in what he said.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    He was a good critic.
  • snowtime
    11 years ago
    I used to enjoy the show he did with Siskel many years ago. Did not always agree with either of them, but their comments were always interesting. I have not seen Roger lately, but was sorry to hear of his death and long battle with cancer.
  • zipman68
    11 years ago
    Ebert was one of the good ones...RIP movie critic dude!
  • SuperDude
    11 years ago
    Motorhead--"Twelve Angry Men" is agreat film and I try to see it whenever it's on TV.
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    SuperDude-Glad to see another fan of that film. I love the movie. It proves you don't need car chases, CGI, and bloody violence to make a movie. But to make a one-stage film today - I think many audiences might get bored.

The concept of "rush to judgement" was used long before it was a popular phrase.
  • Cheo_D
    11 years ago
    Ebert will be missed, he was a great writer: incisive, funny, often merciless. One could disagree with him but never say he did not know what he was talking about. And the way he soldiered on through a condition that would have been crippling for most other people and would have led many to just find the nearest high bridge is impressive, specially in his honest expression that he did not expect any reward or relief on the "other side".

But also, let it not be forgotten in TUSCL, in his younger days Roger Ebert would collaborate on scripts with Russ Meyer, thus earning a special place in the hearts of fans of titty-based entertainment.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion