tuscl

Has anyone ever tried clubbing permanently in other cities?

Sunday, March 31, 2013 4:25 PM
Hi clubgoers, I'm new to the scene and wanted to gather some advice from veterans. Recently, I was able to visit some clubs in Detroit, and was quite impressed with what I saw. I live in Indy, but the problem is that I'm all clubbed out here and a change of scenery would be nice. Since it's only a four-hour drive, I'm thinking about moving my presence there permanently, as the availability of services in that city seems to make the trip worthwhile. Any advice you could offer would be helpful.

15 comments

• Dougster
    11 years ago
    Just do it.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    Nothing wrong with going to the Motor City.
  • umissedaspot
    11 years ago
    If you like a club well enough to travel there, go back. If it's too far away, don't. If you keep going, your presence will be noticed. You don't need to file your plan with anyone.
  • samsung1
    11 years ago
    Shadowcat lives in Atlanta and used to drive to Columbia South Carolina for his clubbing. I live in Columbus and its a 3-4 hour drive to Detroit. I wish I could make it my clubbing home but dancer quality is better in Columbus and much closer so I have settled on Columbus.
  • samsung1
    11 years ago
    If you are tired of the Indy clubs you could try the Kokomo, Indiana clubs. They are high mileage but not as fancy as some Detroit clubs.
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    I know a retired TUSCL member that lives in NC that spends 2 or 3 days a week visiting Follies in Atlanta. Like SS1 said I used to drive to Columbia quite often. I still do but not as often. Ya go where the fun is.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    Sure – go for it – “variety is the spice of life” or so it’s said – just make sure your car is in good working order.
  • chairsky
    11 years ago
    4 hours driving is unavailable for me, I can hunt in any SCs in the radius of 2 and half hours driving. When hunting out of my city, I don't stay there for the whole night, so I prefer the one-day go and back hunting. In addition, usually i spent 2 hours in a SC, so when it compares with the time on the road, i don't want too much time in driving.
  • mjx01
    11 years ago
    If you don't mind the time and cost of the commute, go for it. I've dabbled in 2-3 hr commutes due to a lack of local options. I hate driving at night, so I often stay at a hotel which skews the costs. I also find it hard to carve out (and justify) that much time. Thus, I haven't come any where close to my target frequency.
  • gsv
    11 years ago
    I make periodic trips to San Diego for several day excursions in Tijuana (which if you like latin women is pretty much one of the best spots on earth, short of going somewhere like Brazil). What's nice is the proximity to SD, and the USA at large. I have actually gotten to the point where if I can make it financially sound, I will be moving to San Diego within a year or so.
  • rh48hr
    11 years ago
    I would like to start making TJ a regular haunt. But it is tough for me to get the requisite time away to make the trip. It is an easy one hour flight from Phoenix to SD but is it worth the money for flight, car rental and hotel for a couple days? I can also drive a couple hours south to Nogales and get the same mileage as TJ and be home in my own bed after its over. More cost effective. Only you know if it is worth a four hour drive. Money, mileage (car) and mileage (club). Figure it all out and make the best choice.
  • JuiceBox69
    11 years ago
    I live in north Carolina and I do a lot of clubing in south carolina
  • umissedaspot
    11 years ago
    Indianapolis is a better than average city for strip clubs. There has to be one place out of all the clubs there where a savvy regular could play his way into pussy heaven. You're just too new to clubbing to know how. Maybe by the time you get tired of the 4 hr. drive to Detroit, you'll have the experience to find all you want in your own backyard.
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    There aren't any great clubs where I live at so I always have to travel to some other city. Hazards are the chance you could fall asleep late at night or hit a deer. I usually wait until I have a whole day off from work and can sleep in real late. The other hazards are police acting like nazis with checkpoints and whatever else they think of. Some people act like drunk drivers are a hazard but I rarely have noticed any problem with other drivers. Deer are a bigger threat than all of the above. One night I almost became a legend by hitting a mythical creature in South Carolina, a large black panther. It crossed the road right in front of me not far from where I live. I was bracing for impact and got surprised when it apparently crossed the road before I hit it. It was lightning fast.
  • silkypants
    11 years ago
    I only club in Detroit and places elsewhere. Haven't been to a Minnesota club in a couple of years.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion