tuscl

Giving TUSCL a local feel

ButterMan
Indianapolis
I know this subject has been discussed before but I have an idea. If it was made so when you go to a club page here and see the "review's" option and could also see a "comment's" option, I think it would really change things. Then guys could ask questions of other members who have attended this particular club like "do you know what days bubbles works..LOL!" you get the idea. This would seem to be a better option then posting just posting a discussion topic like "scores chicago" or "mons venus" like some people have. Me included. I know some have talked about wanting this site to be a paid site so that the reviews are more genuine, I think this would improve this site and make it complete. I for one would be willing to pay for membership at that point. What do you guys think? And is there a way to suggest this to the founder or admin or am I wasting my time?

15 comments

• shadowcat
    12 years ago
    TUSCL used to have a club discussion board for that and other uses. I don't think that it was used a lot. Founder took it away and said that he would bring it back later but its been a looooong while since he said that.
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    I'm not sure why the club discussion section was underutilized.

Seemed like a good idea
  • ButterMan
    12 years ago
    Really? that must have been before my time here. How do we suggest to the founder that he bring it back????
  • shadowcat
    12 years ago
    Before the club discussion board there was club chat and TUSCL posted a list of clubs with the most chat. There were only about a dozen clubs that had any appreciable number of posts and most of those posts were nothing more than flame wars by individuals that did not even have registered names.
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    Stripclublist already seems to be preferred means for discussing local matters. If TUSCL is 65% sewage thanks to the likes if the RickyBoy, tittyfuck, the jestie-girl and Mr. sick-liver then SCL is at least 80% sewage.
  • ButterMan
    12 years ago
    Yea that site is ok dougster but it has way less activity than this one. This seems to be where the big boys play. I think it would be nice if we had the option to discuss local clubs and dancers here as well.
  • occurious
    12 years ago
    I too have thought club boards would be a good idea but after thinking it through if I were TUSCL I could think of one big downside. It would end up replacing reviews; right now there is a pretty impressive flow of reviews at least for my local clubs. I think people would be less likely to leave a review and just post something on the club board instead. That ends up diminishing what the site is supposed to be about.
  • Papi_Chulo
    12 years ago
    Another possible downside is that other message boards within TUSCL could take away for the traffic on the main discussion board w/ people perhaps opting to spend more time on the local board?
  • jester214
    12 years ago
    Maybe the individual boards would work better now that the site is bigger but I have my doubts. The most prolific users are pretty spread out over the country and outside of the few most popular clubs I doubt there would be must discussion.
  • gawker
    12 years ago
    I'm guessing that total hits on the web site are the key to advertising $$$ and that drives the revenue wagon. I doubt if paid memberships begin to recompense Founder for time required to manage the site. And as the number of hits goes up so follows revenue. Would club chats increase the number and frequency of visits?
  • sharkhunter
    12 years ago
    I thought the club discussions worked well for the very popular clubs when it was available. Part of what I thought was the problem was that for each club you clicked on, there was no easy way to notice that someone had posted anything new about the club such as a visible date of the last posted comment or if any new comments were posted. Then any response to an old club message posted was restricted with the message that it was too old to respond to it. Thus people posted messages and questions about local small clubs in my area but I didn't routinely click on those clubs because usually there was nothing new to see. I did like the ability to post club messages but thought we needed to see the date of the last posted message from the club screen so that we could tell new messages or comments were posted to a club message board.

That is I would like to see club discussions come back but be able to see the date of the last club comments from the club review screens without clicking on club comments as a visual aid to know that new comments have been posted. Or have a way like private messages flash at you when you visit the reviews for the club. For many small clubs without very many posters, there probably is not much need for club comments but it still is nice to leave a message there instead of asking in a national discussion board about a local club. I believe seeing that someone commented or asked a question about a local club when you read a review for that club or look at the stats on the club will tend to make you want to click on club comments to check it out. As it was, it was out of sight, out of mind for many.

I don't believe club comments took away from the main discussion boards. I believe they were greatly underused because you didn't have an easy visual indicator to tell that new club comments were posted while looking at the reviews for a particular club. Thus even I tended not to click on club comments very much and missed a lot of club messages. If I asked a club comment question, others didn't seem to notice that for weeks at a time. You had no visual clue someone asked a question about the club unless you clicked on a little tab called something like club discussion.
  • inno123
    12 years ago
    Frankly I think that most likely Founder took it down because depending on the content management software it would mean thousands of places to monitor, one for each club.
  • Clubber
    12 years ago
    founder rules! Nothing more needs said.
  • ButterMan
    12 years ago
    Well founder needs to give the people what they want! Nothing more needs said.
  • HowdyPilgrims
    12 years ago
    I'm not interested in the idea. And if that was the threshold that made this a paying site I would simply go elsewhere.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion