tuscl

Spearmint Rhino Coming to Detroit?!?!?!?!

Detroit248
Estado de Mexico
Thursday, February 14, 2013 6:15 PM
Some of you from the D-area that have ventured along 8-mile to either Coli, Tycoon's or Player's may have noticed a building under construction on the south-side of 8-mile, east of Mound. If you noticed it, it really looks like a strip club, with just the outside completed. Seems like a nice size, but not overly big where it looks empty even on a decent night. On my last visit to Player's, one of the dancers and waitress mentioned this new building is the future home of the Spearmint Rhino - Detroit. Can you imagine? A Vegas club/franchise in Detroit? The rumor from the two ladies, it is scheduled to open in May 2013 and they are looking for talent and employees. I hope it is true, it may give the other establishment's reason to step up their game in many areas. And definitely a new place to try out. Anyone else here anything about a Spearmint Rhino in Detroit? Or any other ideas to the establishment being built??

18 comments

• samsung1
    11 years ago
    It would not surprise me. There are other mega chains in Detroit such as Hustler Club and Penthouse Club.
  • samsung1
    11 years ago
    I did read something about it on Twosheds but it is all just speculation. Someone should contact the spearmint rhino chain and ask. I am going to try right now!
  • samsung1
    11 years ago
    Worldwide Headquarters Spearmint Rhino Consulting Worldwide, Inc. 1875 Tandem Way, Norco, CA 92860 Tel: 951-371-3788 Fax: 951-280-4378 [view link] European Management Office Spearmint Rhino Ventures ( UK ) LTD. 161 Tottenham Court Road. London, England W1T7NN Tel: 0207 121 3300 Fax: 0207 387 5172 [view link] John Gray, Chairman & CEO, Worldwide Operations [view link] Kathy Vercher, President & Chief Operating Officer [view link] Erick Sikkenga, Executive Vice President of Operations [view link] Scott Hale, Chief Information Officer & Vice President [view link] John Specht, Vice President of Operations United Kingdom [view link]
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    The MORE the Better in terms of competition.
  • jester214
    11 years ago
    How much does being a big corporate chain affect extras, especially in extras heavy Detroit?
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    Could be problematic if the management acts like the corporate management of the Hustler Club is now acting.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    11 years ago
    The Rhino's website doesn't mention anything about any new clubs opening soon. See: [view link] For those of you in Detroit, you could contact the city to see if any building permits have been issued for that address. It could be just a local contractor, or it could have a name matching one that samsung posted. Also, an e-mail to the USA corporate office that samsung posted might get you an anwer.
  • Tiredtraveler
    11 years ago
    I have never been particularly impressed with any chain club, DejaVu/Hustler/Little Darling = low mieage + high pressure + expensive + 'smile you're on cndid camera' and Spearmint Rhino is pretty much the same.
  • boogieknight369
    11 years ago
    If it is spearmint rhino, they are gonna have to lighten up any corporate rules. That place a stones throw from coleseum, players, and tycoons. Little further down the road and youve got penthouse and trumpps. Ive had extras at all of them, some more prevalent thsn others but they're there. A club that's heavy on rules will not survive there. It will be hilarious if they open up and bring a bunch of girls in from out of town for the grand opening. These out of towners will be SHOCKED when they find out our expectations in the D. I think jackslash said it but it fits this town perfectly "If the dancers not sucking your cock, we consider it an air dance".
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    I think you pretty much NAILED it boogieknight369. This place won't get of my $$$ without sexually oriented extras available.
  • kingknight
    11 years ago
    I've been to many of the Spearmint Rhino clubs in the LA area, Detroit clubs have nothing on them. Pricing structures and dance concepts are different (have public dances, communal lap dance rooms, and then true VIP), but what is important to this crowd, is that extras are rampant at those clubs. I consider the SR Vegas to be the outlier, where its more ripoff than anything else. Read some of my reviews. I would certainly welcome this chain to Detroit!
  • boogieknight369
    11 years ago
    Read your reviews king knight. They lack detail as to what actually went on in the vip. Also that pricing structure won't work in Detroit either. Im not paying for the room/booth when I don't have to at coli or penthouse. Those places let the dancer decide prices for services.
  • boogieknight369
    11 years ago
    Thanks for the spam norris
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    Founder has been notified.
  • samsung1
    11 years ago
    I emailed on the 14th and no reply yet. Any one else send an email?
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    Will be interested in hearing any reply to you samsung1.
  • silkypants
    11 years ago
    Was at Players Friday night. I talked with the talent agent for Players and he stated that it would be a Spearmint Rhino with local ownership. Another item that is missing it this location is right across from the big Chrysler truck plant on 8 mile. From the talent agent it was suppose to be a large truck stop but the city would let them build a truck stop so they built a strip club instead.
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    boogie: "If it is spearmint rhino, they are gonna have to lighten up any corporate rules." Tootsie's was corporate in Miami and high mileage for quite a while from what I read. So it can happen.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion