tuscl

49ers Players Hit Strip Club Just Days Before Super Bowl In New Orleans (VIDEO)

Coaches in the NFL undoubtedly spend much time and energy preparing their players to compete in the Super Bowl. Not likely on the schedule: partying at a strip club right before the big game.

On Thursday, three San Francisco 49ers players were spotted at the Penthouse Club, one of the pricier strip clubs in New Orleans, according to TMZ.

The outing, which comes barely three days before one of the biggest game of their lives, was an undoubtedly pricey affair, at least according to multiple Yelp reviews that note the club is far from cheap.

A video provided to TMZ shows running back Frank Gore, wide receiver Michael Crabtree and linebacker Patrick Willis all entering the club just off the city's infamous Bourbon Street.

However, the three 49ers players weren't the only members of their team to make headlines this week. On Wednesday, cornerback Chris Culliver caused controversy when he said he wouldn't welcome any gay members on the team.

"I don't do the gay guys man," Culliver said, according to Yahoo. "I don't do that. No, we don't got no gay people on the team, they gotta get up out of here if they do."

Culliver apologized for his remarks amid a media uproar the next day.

The 49ers will face off against the Baltimore Ravens in New Orleans on Sunday, Feb. 3. Kickoff is set for 6:30 p.m. EST. About 150,000 fans are expected in the city, according to the Associated Press.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/01…

7 comments

• minnow
    12 years ago
    People shouldn't be too quick to "Tsk-tsk" this episode.

Harkening back to 1967, first superbowl(coincidentally, also in New Orleans): Max Mcgee, a backup offensive end, broke curfew for a night of partying. Filling in for a starter who got injured in game, he scored the 1st touchdown in Super Bowl history. He went on to have a 7 reception, 138 yds, 2 TD game.
  • umissedaspot
    12 years ago
    The first Super Bowl was played in Los Angeles.
  • minnow
    12 years ago
    umiss: Hey, thanks for the correction. Now, can you tell me which city (LA, or Nola) have the best stripclubs, based on your own experience ?
  • Clackport
    12 years ago
    Lol Minnow
  • rh48hr
    12 years ago
    This is a non-story in my book. TMZ is a joke. If they didn't break curfew and they didn't miss any meetings it is not a big deal. Chuck Knoll told his Steelers players to enjoy New Orleans during the week before their first Super Bowl and it turned out pretty well. As long as they are not causing problems, breaking the law and just enjoying the city and what it has to offer, why not? If this was last night, it might be a different story. But it was three nights ago.

Also, this is news because it is a strip club. If those three spent the same amount of time and money eating at a fancy restaurant, it would not be news. Ben Roethisberger took his offensive line out for an expensive dinner (his treat) during the week leading up to the Steelers last three Super Bowls. Don't hear much about that. Guarantee you he dropped a grip of money buying dinner for 7-8 offensive lineman.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    After last night, I guess thr 49ers should have stayed in their Hotel. LOL
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    I saw an ESPN interview with a 49er during the week and the question was "have you enjoyed the festivities".

Of course my TUSCL mind thinks that is code for strip clubs.

His answer was no - he basically said something is wrong with you if you don't have the discipline to stay away from bars and strip clubs for a dew days. He said all he does is go to dinner then back to the hotel.

I like his answer. For most of these guys, this is probably their only trip to the Super Bowl in their career. They should focus on the game. They can hit strip clubs for the next 11 months.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion