tuscl

Strip Clubs in Canada?

So I am going to be in the Toronto area and was curious about some of the clubs there. I have already done some research on the clubs themselves, but does anyone know if there are any clubs in the Toronto / Mississauga area that accept US currency? I'm not going to be in Toronto for long so I feel like it doesn't make sense for me to exchange a bunch of cash there, plus the USD:CAD exchange rate is so close right now I feel like it shouldn't matter.

But I don't want to go into a club with a pocket full of US $1s and $20s and be refused because it's not Canadian dollars.

10 comments

• osogrande
    12 years ago
    The US dollar is accepted almost everywhere in Canada. These days, the Canadian dollar is almost exactly equal to the US dollar (known as "par" by traders). Merchants in general, and strip clubs in particular, want the sale and will therefore take the greenback. I wouldn't bother with dollar bills, though. The smallest bill in Canada is a $5, with $1 and $2 coins instead of bills (known as the "looney" and the "tooney," I kid you not. If you pay with a big US bill, expect change in Canadian dollars.

One time a few years back, in a strip club in Ottawa, a waitress gave me a lecture about how "stupid" greenbacks were, bever bucks being diffferent sizes and colors. She took my Benjamin right after making the remark!
  • pabloantonio
    12 years ago
    Farmerart is our Canadian expert. I would ask him also.
  • newmark
    12 years ago
    I have never had problems using US currency in Canadian clubs. And I agree that you should skip the singles.
  • emmett
    12 years ago
    As others have said, $US are fine. After some research on TUSCL, I went to Upper Brass, used American dollars, had a fine time.
  • gatorfan
    12 years ago
    saying again

Fuck Canada
  • zipman68
    12 years ago
    Don be sayin' dat G-fan. Canada be da shizzle.

Alas, Canada is also expensive since $CAD and $USD hit parity. Haven't been to Ontario or Quebec since the good old days, but I have hit Nova Scotia and BC recently. Spent more than I planned both trips (and many Vancouver ATMs wouldn't take my card...how am I supposed to pay strippers if I can't get cash?).

Despite that issue, Canada be friggin' coo-el! I want to break out in song... "O Canada...."
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    Went to a Windsor club in the early 1990's once. Didn't like and have never tried again.
  • PredragDr
    12 years ago
    Toronto may be one of the best stripclub towns in Canada, but I prefer the Québécois women in MTL. Best looking strippers in the GTA are at Brass Rail/Upper Brass. Cafe Atlantis probably has the highest mileage, but ladies aren't as hot as those at Brass Rail.
  • PredragDr
    12 years ago
    Also if you are worried about getting cash abroad and travel a lot, you might think about opening up an account with First Republic Bank. You can use third party ATMs anywhere in the world with no fees from them nor the ATM operator. Also the rates given are much closer to spot than you'll see from any currency exchange service.
  • ilbbaicnl
    12 years ago
    The Rail is nice, to me it's worth the cover charge for the upstairs. Zanzibar seems to have a reputation for dancers overcounting dances.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion