tuscl

Alcohol was involved.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
After getting kicked out of an Allentown strip club early Wednesday and being refused entry into a nearby night club, a 28-year-old man needed a ride home to Emmaus.

And that's when his bad night, got much worse.

Osvaldo E. Ogando saw an Allentown patrol officer stopped at a truck stop on Airport Road around 1:15 a.m. and demanded the officer give him a ride home, according to court records. Ogando later fought with the officer and he got his ride, authorities said, but it only as far as Lehigh County Prison.

According to a criminal complaint, Allentown police officer Scot Walz was stopped at Patel Truck Stop, 1227 Airport Road, on a routine business patrol when he noticed a man, later identified as Ogando, staggering toward his vehicle.

Ogando told the officer he had been kicked out of Platinum Plus, a strip club on Airport Road, and was not allowed into Club Horizons, a night club also on Airport Road, and told the officer to give him a ride home, according to the complaint.

Walz told Ogando, who appeared intoxicated, to call a cab, according to the records. Ogando had another idea.

Upset, Ogando grabbed the door frame of the patrol vehicle and began to violently shake it, according to a criminal complaint. Ogando then reached into the patrol vehicle and began poking at Walz, according to the complaint.

Walz called dispatchers to tell them he would be transporting someone back to the station, according to the complaint. Dispatchers said they could hear Ogando screaming in the background, according to the complaint.

While other officers were being dispatched to the truck stop to assist Walz, a 911 call was placed from the truck stop indicating that a man was fighting with a police officer, according to court records.

Officers arrived and located Walz who had Ogando in custody. Walz had swollen hands and his glasses were bent, according to court records.

Court records indicate that Ogando swung at Walz in an attempt to punch him. Court records do not say if Ogando connected on his swings.

Ogando, of 16 S. 10th St., was charged with aggravated assault, resisting arrest, disorderly conduct and public drunkenness.

12 comments

• vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    SWEET !!
  • dalex
    12 years ago
    classic title.

who would've thought?
  • deogol
    12 years ago
    Hey, if you're gonna pick a fight, might as well be a cop! He'll be glad to take care of you LOL.
  • TortillaChip
    12 years ago
    maybe the occifer could have offered to call a cab instead of being a smartass and telling the drunk guy to call one himself. Damn cops, his glasses deserved to get bended.
  • deogol
    12 years ago
    I am betting the drunk guy was in a pretty shitty tude already. Last thing he should have looked for is a guy who makes a living looking for trouble!
  • georgmicrodong
    12 years ago
    NOTHING good EVER comes from intoxication.
  • TortillaChip
    12 years ago
    LMAO
  • pabloantonio
    12 years ago
    Normally I would say "what a dumbass" but in this case I will say "what a drunk dumbass"
  • smokeshopjoe
    12 years ago
    Also nothing good comes from talking to police officers.
  • Tiredtraveler
    12 years ago
    The drunk should have offer to buy at the doughnut shop on the way home!!
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    That's EXACTLY right gmd, nice to see you siding with me. ;))
  • rickdugan
    12 years ago
    If he did this, he was no rocket scientist to begin with. Alcohol doesn't make you stupid - it just enhances your natural moronic tendencies. Even in my most drunken moments, I never would have approached a cop for anything, least of all a ride. This guy's primary issue is that he is stupid and all the AA classes in the world won't change that.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion