tuscl

Idea For Improving Stage Show

ilbbaicnl
Keep it in my pants when I do OTC. If I were a stripper it would stand for I like big bucks and I can not lie.
You would put a dollar on the tip rail, as commonly done in many clubs. But the stage dancer would not take your dollar right away when she came over. There would be a button for the dancer to step on in front of each seat at the stage. The button would start a timer for a certain number of seconds. (A light would flash when time was up.) When time was up, only then would the dancer take the dollar and move on. A dancer could stay on stage as long as there was a dollar waiting for her, or there was no other dancer waiting to go on (so the start/end of songs would not matter). A customer would have to put down a dollar when he first sat down at the stage. When the next dancer came on stage, each customer would have to put down another dollar, or give up his spot at the stage. Maybe each dancer could set the number of seconds for a dollar (with an LED display showing the number of seconds).

I think this would be good for any custy for whom the stage show is an important part of the SC. It will mean that the dancers who turn on the most (non-freeloader) custies will have incentive to be on stage a lot, giving custies more reason to be in the club and tipping at the stage. Classic benefits of a free market, where everyone who's willing to give something others want will get more of what they want. As long as the stage is not in the dancer's money zone, stage shows are going to be mediocre at best. If dancers could make decent money just stage dancing, it would attract a lot of hot women who don't want to be pawed by a bunch of strangers. (We don't give lap dancers near enough appreciation for putting up with this.)

17 comments

• Alucard
    12 years ago
    Not an idea I'd endorse. The only thing a stage dance does for me is to allow me to see as much of the dancer's body as possible.
  • dalex
    12 years ago
    Too complicated, not really big of a deal.
  • deogol
    12 years ago
    WTF?!?! It's a DOLLAR! Buy some binoculars, man.
  • rh48hr
    12 years ago
    You have to have a place where stage tipping is an integral part of the club for this to work. Many places it is not. Overall, I think it requires to much of a process and many dancers do not like the stage anyway.
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    Let me see if I understand this system. If there's a dancer that 80% of the customers do not find attractive but has one PL who thinks she is hot. So he could put .$100 on stage and she dances for a long, long time and the customers have to endure her.

I don't think so.
  • Doc_Holliday
    12 years ago
    Less is more. I am a fan of stage shows and even I don't want to see my favorite dancer dance for more than 6-8 songs. Why? Because she'll ware out, get tired, bored, etc. I'd rather tip well and get an awesome 10-15 mins than a lackluster 30.
  • gatorfan
    12 years ago
    Stripper tips the customer dollars would be an improvement.
  • ilbbaicnl
    12 years ago
    @MH good point but multiple dancers on stage could be permitted, and have a time limit for being on stage, if another dancer is waiting to get on.
  • ilbbaicnl
    12 years ago
    @RH I think (experienced) dancers don't like the stage mostly for money reasons. Little or no tips in an empty club, missed chances for more profitable lap dances in a full club.
  • she_is_covfefe
    12 years ago
    I'm part of the minority of dancers who enjoy the stage. Why? Is a good workout.
  • tumblingdice
    12 years ago
    ilbb, K.I.S.S.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    Money back from dancers is a good idea gatorfan. ;))
  • inno123
    12 years ago
    Too complicated by several orders of magnitude.

I do agree that there is a problem with stage shows in most clubs. The problem is that the money is being made in the private dances so nobody gives a crap about the quality of the public ones.

If they want to have better public shows they have to commit to making it the focus.

1. Turn off the TV. If you think what is on TV is better than live naked dancers than you are showing a distinct lack of faith in the quality of your live naked dancers.

2. Have everybody in the club: other dancers, bouncers, waitresses, Bartender, etc. applaud the start and end of a set EVERY TIME. What message does it send to the customers when the dancer starts on stage and all you get is a rattled off inaudible mubble from the DJ and nobody even blinks. It sends a message to the customers.

3. Add more theatricality to the stage shows. For example create choreographed light shows to the music. Have too many songs to do that? Trim your playlist to a shorter list of stuff right for your club.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    12 years ago
    I'm with Alucard and Dalex on this subject.

@ Jayjay: Glad to hear you like to go on stage. One weakness with a couple of my faves is that they don't like to (for different reasons). I've always thought that appearing on stage is an easy way for a dancer to market herself to the crowd.
  • Clubber
    12 years ago
    Owner/management invest in a club? They don't often even maintain what they already have!!!
  • looneylarry
    12 years ago
    Um, no.
  • deogol
    12 years ago
    Like factories ya only re-invest when a machine or infrastructure fails (note I didn't say "breaks") - that means stages falling in, lights burning out, sound element broken - couches, carpet, tables, behind the scenes, etc. are all last on the consideration list!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion