tuscl

Local Sports ???

When I lived in Albuquerque, or on the west coast, I saw some good local sportscasters. Since my emphasis is on college football, getting the scores and highlights is important to me. (Note: I don't have cable/dish-I'd never get anythingdone elsewise). <br />
<br />
Anyway, in Houston, the local sports guys are the absolute worst I've ever seen. To a man, they worship the local sports athletes. Even when a local&nbsp;athlete gets himself in legal trouble, the sports casters become apologists, and they savage the local Police, actively campaigning the local DA's&nbsp;office for the immediate release of the athlete&nbsp;and an expungement ofthe athlete's record.&nbsp;<br />
<br />
As far&nbsp;as college football, an example that happened about&nbsp;ten years ago. &nbsp;&nbsp;Early November, crunch time for college football teams. The sportscaster had five minutes for his little spiel.&nbsp;What did he do ? Spent four and a half minutes interviewing an Astro's player (even though baseball season had been over for a month&nbsp;and a half), then he gave a few local scores,and that was it.<br />
<br />
How is your local sports coverage&nbsp;?&nbsp;

2 comments

• georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    Not too bad, at least for college sports.&nbsp; Professional sports isn't giant around here.&nbsp; We have a couple of sports news people (not just evening news sports casters) who have a somewhat...jaded view of college sports, and so they provide a slightly closer to objective level of coverage.<br type="_moz" />
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    Dublin, OH is one of the wealthiest suburbs in the country. They have a strong following in their high school sport teams.&nbsp; Upper Arlington is another suburb of Columbus and their main employer is the school district.&nbsp; Their high school sports also are good and I have seen them play on television before against a Florida team.<br />
    As for Columbus, we do not have a NFL or NBA team.&nbsp; The Ohio State Buckeyes football team gets a lot of popularity and is notoriously known nation wide as being over rated. One year they were in the championship and ESPN did a poll about who do you think will win and the only state that had a majority voting for Buckeyes was Ohio. <br type="_moz" />
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion