tuscl

How long do clubs keep security footage

No idea if my club has a camera in its VIP booth, I couldnt see one, the stripper let me touch her for no extra, which was fine, but don't want to see footage get into wrong hands. Of course thy are important for safety and security, but keen to know how long images are kept for.

17 comments

• jackslash
    12 years ago
    They keep the footage for a week. Then they sell it online.
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    I head once from an employee of one particular club that there was a "live feed" only. No tapes. I don't think I believe it.
  • gatorfan
    12 years ago
    Until the police come and get it
  • JuiceBox69
    12 years ago
    What in the hell did you do ?
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    12 years ago
    Every club that has surveillance cameras uses them differently. There definitely is the type of camera that records. One club said it usually kept the recording for 24 hours. It kept them longer if it sensed there might be legal action. There's an interesting story behind one particular incident in that club. It's too long to post here. PM me if you'd like the full story and I'll tell you how to retrieve it. (It's not just posting a link, or I would do that here.)
  • deogol
    12 years ago
    To late, you're an internet star!
  • vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    OH SHIT !! :)
  • jester214
    12 years ago
    FOR EVER.
  • gatorfan
    12 years ago
    I did nothing my lawyer said
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    I am guessing all have cameras, it may be a matter of whether anyone is paying attention or gives a shit about what they see.
  • georgmicrodong
    12 years ago
    Holy shit! She let you touch her? And without charging extra? How the hell come *I* can't find these ultra-permissive clubs? On the other hand, I think I'd be worried about cameras too, if I was touching a dancer. Probably charge you with some kind of sexual assault or something.

Better hope the place burns down. It's the only way to be sure that recording is destroyed.
  • jester214
    12 years ago
    I'll give an honest answer now. Most places that record what happens on cameras reuse ever day or every week if their are no incidents. It's not practical to do otherwise. Additionally no one is going to just sit back and go through them for no reason, there would have to be something to prompt it.
  • deogol
    12 years ago
    "Better hope the place burns down. It's the only way to be sure that recording is destroyed."

A lot of cameras record to a system on the internet, so even if the equipment is destroyed, the destroyer can't reach the recording.
  • farmerart
    12 years ago
    The security systems at my equipment yards store the footage digitally. It is probably kept forever in some 'cloud' somewhere.

• Alucard
    12 years ago
    If you are afraid of being observed, then only do it where ABSOLUTELY no prying eyes can see.

Paranoia Unbounded!!! LOL
  • londonguy
    12 years ago
    There's a club in Prague where you go in on condition that there is a live feed to the internet and you are expected to fuck a girl too (live as well). Might suit some of you that are exhibitionists?
  • inno123
    12 years ago
    This is actually an area where I have some expertise. The length of recording depends on the following things:

Size of the hard disk

Number of Cameras

Whether they turn on motion detection on recording.

The vast majority of systems that I have seen in use in small businesses hold from a week of data up to a month. I have never seen more than a month. In fact, a friend of mine that works at the Rose Bowl says that they do not promise Law Enforcement that they can retrieve video of events that are more than a month old.

I have seen systems set to not record, but the problem is that if you do that then you have no evidence if something does go wrong and you would like to have the proof.

My guess is to presume that they are recording and that they have a week's worth of disk.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion