tuscl

Don't fall asleep in the Champagne Room

Wednesday, September 19, 2012 8:55 PM
Frequently when I make small talk with a dancer, I ask about their experiences working at other nearby clubs. Recently a dancer told me this story when I asked why she had switched from Club X to Club Y: Club X is somewhat infamous for its very expensive (but very private) Champagne Rooms. The cost of a room is $400 for an hour plus mandatory bottle service which can run around $300. Sometimes the dancer and the customer might agree to an additional tip. My dancer said that one evening at Club X, a free-spending client took her to a champagne room for an hour. When the time was up, he decided pay for a second hour. At the end of that time, he was quite drunk and paid for a third hour. Shortly thereafter, due to all the drinking and merry-making, the customer fell fast asleep. My dancer could not rouse him and called the manager. The manager instructed her to stay with the customer and keep the clock running until he woke up. By this time, the customer had already run up a tab of almost $3000. The dancer felt that it was dishonest to charge the man any further when he was not in a condition to agree to it. She insisted that they should call a cab to take the man home. The dancer and the manager argued for a while until the customer woke up, settled his tab and left. After this encounter, the dancer said that the management of Club X was hostile towards her, and eventually she quit and moved to Club Y. She said that the money at Club Y was not quite as good as Club X, but the working atmosphere was better. I'm sure that some contributors here would be shocked that a stripper would have any ethical qualms about milking a sleeping PL for all they could get. I actually joked with her that she had passed up easy money and we laughed over the idea of starting a "Cuddle Club" where men could pay to curl up and sleep next to hot women. My dancer was very beautiful and fun to talk to. I wouldn't mind spend a few quiet hours with her, but I'm not farmerart and my budget does not quite reach $16/minute.

27 comments

• deogol
    12 years ago
    I have met many ethical dancers. There was the one who did a DJ called 2 for 1 dance. I paid her for both dances. She said it was only the cost of one and I told her she did two dances so I paid for two dances. There were other scenarios too where they did me right. Definitely more ethical than some main stream businesses I interacted with. Only one dancer did I ever get the heebie jeebies from. That one... she was not bad or troubled or angry. She was evil. I don't know how to describe it. I knew she was empty and she was dangerous. She was a different bottle of whiskey that one.
  • jester214
    12 years ago
    Could it happen? Sure. Does it sound like SS designed to show you how honest she is? Kind of. A lot of dancers have a distorted sense of ethics when it comes to drunken customers and money for dances. And that's not based on my observations, that's based on what I've heard them say.
  • smokeshopjoe
    12 years ago
    I think that what is sounds like is someone who was pissed off at the other clubs management. Look i think there is a 50/50 split on this yeah a good half of them would go along with it and half would take the stand plus I think the time they had spent together back there could severely influence the decision the dancer would make. Mr G happy hands vs someone like shadowcat. OR traveling salesman vs regular. Strippers are not theives, they may be ruthless, but most are smart enough to not bite the hand that feeds them (if you are a david allen coe fan the dick that fucks them).
  • vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    Damn, and the man paid it?? What a moron.
  • Estafador
    12 years ago
    Nah, it just seems far easier to pay than to make a year long case out of it. Hey, he's balling so why does he care? Anyway, I read aboutsomething similar like this. But it was more malicious and intentional to get men drunk, run up their credit card and rob them blind. By any chance, was that man russian? It usually is ALWAYS the russians.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    glen_livet, there are many members here who believe that all dancers are liars, thieves and totally unethical. They usually make their opinions known. I am NOT in that group of people.
  • jester214
    12 years ago
    I don't think they are all liars, thieves and totally unethical. I do think the vast majority of them are dishonest (sometimes for good reason). I don't know if a majority are thieves, but I do think a majority are unethical to the point that you could call them thieves in some situations. But that's the nature of the business. I question the intelligence and sense of anyone who isn't on a similar page.
  • vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    Well, maybe so, but had I been that unfortunate drunk, after I sobered up, I would have disputed it, had it been a credit card transaction. But I don't drink to excess, I never go to a Champagne room, so it's his loss, all $3000 of it if that is factual. Oh well.
  • shadowcat
    12 years ago
    Chris Rock would probabbly say "there is no sleeping in the Champagne Room". :)
  • farmerart
    12 years ago
    I have done the Champagne Room thing just one single time. I did not fall asleep.
  • Estafador
    12 years ago
    Heh, I'd go just say I went. If you can afford a champagne room and still have money to keep you comfortable, then you sir, deserve bragging rights (among the middle class lol)
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    I think about 2% have fairly in tact superegos, although this seems to vary with Geographic setting. Vegas would be on the low end and Seattle is bad as well. Maybe he met one of the 2%? Just go onto the pink site sometime and read their discussions of ethical questions. (And for further amusement pickup a textbook on sociopathy and see if can match the stripper's rationalizations to what's in the textbook.) OTOH, I think it is the same superego dysfunction that allows them to not have a problem with whoring for money, although the converse does not seem to apply: brothel workers seem much more honest than strippers. I think that is partly due to culture/management and partly inante "personality" differences.
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    I remember one thread on the pink site where a customer asked a stripper for sex. She said she would fuck him for $150. When he handed over the money she said "you're fucked" and walked away. About 8 of the strippers thought this was just fine behavior and quite funny (anti-socials often find their ethical transgressions funny), and only one spoke up that it was theft. That's the kind of girl it's best to assume you are dealing with.
  • deogol
    12 years ago
    The pink site is definitely good reading for those who leave their self-hatred at the door (myself, I got kicked off the pink site - might be a good thing). When read, one can see all kinds of flags....
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    Question all you want jester214.
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    Just consider the $3000 a late fee...ya know, just like the fine for an overdue book at the library
  • Lone_Wolf
    12 years ago
    Perhaps she did it more out of concern for her personal safety versus some kind of moral or etthical belief. A PL can laugh off being ripped off for. A couple hundred bucks. In comparison,, being ripped off for thousands will never be forgotton. That dancer would have to watch her back for years for pulling a stunt like that.
  • Estafador
    12 years ago
    what pink site is this? It sounds like a fun read
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    Don't know if we can post it but, I 'll try: [view link].
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    I've tried posting on the pink site over the years. Longest I've lasted was about four hours.
  • jerikson40
    12 years ago
    Okay, what the fuck is "bottle service"?
  • DandyDan
    12 years ago
    Estafador- pink site = [view link]
  • Estafador
    12 years ago
    man, what a crap site. its totally for exotic dancers
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    If you ever wanna kick your strip club habit - just spend some time on that site. They seem to hate men. REALLY hate men.
  • gatorfan
    12 years ago
    Don't drop dead either the lying thieving whores will rob you blind and dead
  • shadowcat
    12 years ago
    Jerikson - Bottle service is when you purchase a whole bottle instead of by the drink. Usually quite expensive and ususally comes with a reserved table, booth or private room.
  • steve229
    12 years ago
    "we laughed over the idea of starting a "Cuddle Club" where men could pay to curl up and sleep next to hot women." @glen_livet - where do I sign up?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion