tuscl

Some Good News For Today

Friday, August 31, 2012 8:39 AM
Hopefully this decision stands in NYC. But it would be even better if the clubs went back to being as good as they were before Mayor Giuliani cleaned up. <a href="[view link] Here's the text in case the link is bad: [view link]

3 comments

• deogol
    12 years ago
    "York noted that studies presented to the court concluded that the presence of adult establishments did not increase crime rates or lower property value, as previously believed." The so-called "secondary effects" argument sounds like it is going under more extreme scrutiny. I always thought it odd that quickie mart robberies/shootings in residential areas would fall far more under this line of thought, but it was never done by the courts... Maybe the pendulum of freedom is once again swinging the other direction in this country.
  • Tiredtraveler
    12 years ago
    I think that there is room for both. Families do not want clubs next door and if I were a club owner I would not want to aggravate neighbors and politicians by being in their face. What is wrong with being is a commercial area instead of a residential area. If I lived in a neighborhood I would not want any type of night club next door no matter what type.
  • deogol
    12 years ago
    Yes, yes, I agree with TiredTraveler - however I do think it is wrong that such operations are not allowed downtown or something like that because there is a church on the next block. There is all that bustling activity, but noooo, a perfectly legal company needs to be back in the industry area with truck yards and factories on the outskirts of town. (I know this is not true of many clubs, but it is true of many clubs too.)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion