tuscl

londonguy: hope you watched

motorhead
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
So far, I love the Opening Ceremony at the Olympics.

The James Bond sequence with the Union Jack parachutes was way cool.

8 comments

• mmdv26
    12 years ago
    The cauldron was extraordinary in all respects. Each country carrying in a copper leaf, and the mechanism appeared to work flawlessly. Very impressive. The fireworks display was phenomenal. Sir Paul McCartney looked old but sounded good. Hats off to London for a very enjoyable opening ceremony!!
  • gatorfan
    12 years ago
    Olympics when did that start I've been at the club all night
  • vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    Doing your part in the Olympics of strip clubbing, gatorfan. You took the Gold, too !!
  • Clubber
    12 years ago
    I, too, was in my local watering hole last evening. One of the screens had the opening on and to me, it looked completely nuts. Now I had no sound, but it looked creep and sooooo over done. MHO
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    Clubber,

Without sound, I can certainly see why you thiught that. But some of things were great. At one point they highlighted 60's British rock bands and quickly hit the audience with songs from Eric Clalpton, the Who, the Beatles, the Kinks, The Stones, and Zeppelin

It was a Baby Boomer's classic rock dream.
  • Clubber
    12 years ago
    motor,

Also, I was not paying much attention to it. I saw some large creepy puppets or something like that and a zillion nurses dancing by beds. Strange, at best.
  • Clubber
    12 years ago
    motor,

Also, I prefer the oldies, but do enjoy those listed by you, with the possible exception of Clapton. He never really did anything for me other than his time with "Cream".
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    Yeah, the puppets were creepy. That part of the show, I think, they were featuring British children's literature. One was something from Harry Potter and one was Cruella DaVille from 101 Dalmations.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion