tuscl

How do you tell other customers you aren't interested?

chandler
Blue Ridge Foothills
Your sitting alone at a table that seats four in a crowded club. You want to keep it that way so that dancers will be apt join you and not have other strangers at the table invading your space. What do you say to other guys who ask if they can share your table or sit without asking?

18 comments

• chandler
    18 years ago
    FONDL, I think ShotDisc was remarking on the Detroit clubs SuperDude and I described. They are Gentleman's Clubs in every sense, except they are friendly and the lap dance mileage is off the charts.
  • AbbieNormal
    18 years ago
    FONDL, I rarely ever go to Camelot. That was just an example I'm familiar with where you don't have to pay for your seat but you'll get shoddy treatment if you don't.

As for DC clubs, I agree they pretty much suck compared to almost anyplace else, especially from what I've heard about McDougal's, "The Wheel", and Showcase less than an hours drive. My problem is that about the only time I'm in teh mood for a club is after work. Goodguys and JP's are a 5 minute walk. All those mentioned above are at least a 40 minute drive. A 5 minute walk gets me a few beers and naked girls, some decent contact depending on who is dancing and how preoccupied the manager is that day, I sit out the rush hour and I'm home in time for a late dinner and a reasonable bed time. I almost don't consider DC clubs to be real stripclubs. They're more like neighborhood bars with entertainment, just that the entertainment is nude go-go rather than a local band or a big screen TV.
  • FONDL
    18 years ago
    ShotDisc, I wouldn't call Camelot a gentlemen's club, it's just that DC clubs are all weird. I feel sorry for AN, although Camelot can be pleasant in the off hours if all you want to do is watch and talk. But I agree with AN that it's terrible at night when that kind of stuff happens. If I can ever convince AN to drive out to one of the good MD clubs he'll lose interest in Camelot and Good Guys in a hurry. He'll also lose a lot of money.
  • ShotDisc
    18 years ago
    $20 bucks to sit in a booth? WTF? Just another reason to stay away from "Gentleman's Clubs"
  • AbbieNormal
    18 years ago
    Another reason I don't like nights and crowded times in clubs. At Camelot in DC the security guy seats you and if you are solo will have no hesitation to seat other solo guys at your table. I'm sure a hefty tip would be required to maintain some empty seats for dancers, or you'd have to look like or be a high roller or be a known regular. I hate that.
  • davids
    18 years ago
    FONDL: "SuperDude, that sounds like a sure sign of a rip-off club. I've never paid for a seat in my life, and I wouldn't go to a club that charged for a seat. Nor do I let some bouncer tell me where to sit. If I can't sit where I want to and do it for free I leave."

That's pretty tough talk FONDL. Too bad it fails to redeem you from the fact that you are a COMPLETE PUSSY who has paid women to talk to you for the past 40 years.
  • SuperDude
    18 years ago
    SCAMS: Some clubs will charge you $20-30 to sit in a booth and the regulars know this. Top dancers work the booths because they believe those customers are loaded with available cash. A couple of cheapos see a "nice guy" in a booth, join him without having to pay for the booth, run up a a tab buying drinks for dancers and leave the nice guy with the tab.
  • ShotDisc
    18 years ago
    I would rather stand than share a table if I am there by myself. sounds selfish I know, but what can I say. just trying to be honest.
  • DandyDan
    18 years ago
    It depends. Most of the time, the clubs I visit aren't going to have this come up, since they don't get crowded enough. One of the clubs I visit has a table for two you can always sit at, which I do. But if it did, I tell them they can have the chairs. Now if it was super crowded, I probably would say it's alright as long as they hold the seat for me if I gotta go.
  • chandler
    18 years ago
    CG: I tell them go ahead and take away the chairs but sorry, the girl stays.
  • chandler
    18 years ago
    Huge: Why would I take offense? You answered my question. Bear in mind that clubs can have different customs for seating from whatever you're used to.
  • lopaw
    18 years ago
    I thought I was the only one who had to worry about the "unwanted male company" shit.
  • casualguy
    18 years ago
    If they are female customers who look good, I probably wouldn't mind. I sometimes let other people take extra chairs at my table and let them move them to another table. Dancers will often sit on my lap if no chair is available. In supercrowded clubs like shadowcat's favorite, I once had two dancers sitting on my legs due to lack of chairs I believe. On a few rare occasions with no available chairs except at my table, I've had people ask to sit and let it work to my advantage by asking them to save my chair every time I went somewhere.
  • hugevladfan
    18 years ago
    No offence there Chandler but if I go to a club solo I don't sit at a table for four unless I am willing to share a few of the other seats with strangers if the need arises. Otherwise I am inviting a visit from a club manager who sees two seats going to waste because I am unwilling to be friendly.
  • davids
    18 years ago
    Chandler must look like a FAG if he has other guys hitting on him in stripper clubs.

Here's a tip, chandler, maybe if you didn't check out other guys asses when you were in strippers clubs, and instead, looked at the NAKED WOMEN, you won't have a problem with FAGS trying to PICK YOU UP.

Ever think of that one, genius?
  • FONDL
    18 years ago
    The only time I've ever run into that was when a club was so crowded that the other guy didn't have much choice. The way I avoid that situation is to only go to clubs during off hours when they aren't the least bit crowded.
  • FONDL
    18 years ago
    SuperDude, that sounds like a sure sign of a rip-off club. I've never paid for a seat in my life, and I wouldn't go to a club that charged for a seat. Nor do I let some bouncer tell me where to sit. If I can't sit where I want to and do it for free I leave.
  • chandler
    18 years ago
    FONDL: What SuperDude describes is just the standard procedure for all the better Detroit clubs. Booth seating is controlled by the doormen, and they typically require a $20 tip, no matter how full the place is or how many are in your group. During slow hours or days, they might accept $10 on nothing at all. You're supposed to think of it like slipping the maitre d' something for a stageside seat at a nightclub. I don't know how the custom got started, but they all do it. It sounds like a rip-off, but these aren't rip-off clubs. Well, some of them aren't. It doesn't bother me too much, because I'd just as soon not be stuck in a booth all night. I sit at the bar or one of the many other seats that are up for grabs. I think I understand your indignation, but in this case, you and your principles would be passing up a fun night.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion