tuscl

Expanding TUSCL

motorhead
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
There's a new movie coming out in a few weeks named "Magic Mike" that explores the world of male strip clubs.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_Mik…

Billed as a comedy, but it's directed by Steven Soderbergh, most famous for dramas such as Traffic, Oceans Eleven, and Erin Brockovich.

Bringing male strip clubs to the forefront - let's expand TUSCL!!!

8 comments

• Dougster
    12 years ago
    I bet TUSCL's very own "magic mike" (aka mikeya02) would be very interested in explorations of the male strip club world...
  • deogol
    12 years ago
    That's gonna crap out. If Demi Moore couldn't carry a stripper comedy, no male strip club one will. No guy is going to spend date night at a male strip club movie. Lesbians might but probably not a lot. That leaves ugly fat girls as a market segment, and they won't without a date to escape "skeevy perv" connotations.
  • Doc_Holliday
    12 years ago
    I don't know if I want it to tank or sail. If I haven't mentioned it yet, I'm a filmmaker working on a stripper script, considering the lack of quality stripper movies out there. If it bombs, I still have a shot at being the first; if it booms, it will be easier to sell my idea as Hollywood loves repeating itself.
  • deogol
    12 years ago
    Independence Day had a hero stripper. I think only as an auxiliary character can it succeed, but one can break the perception in the right context.
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    I don't what you guys are talking about, but, thanks to hip-hop, pimps and hoes are the rage these days. Small step from that to a successful movie.
  • deogol
    12 years ago
    I guess successful is an elastic term. Small steps is recommended for one putting money into such a movie.
  • gatorfan
    12 years ago
    If the review starts : He was stripping on stage with a nice big cock

we all stop reading, no need to read any more
  • DoctorDarby
    12 years ago
    The male narcissism and total gayness of male strippers (in spite of all the pussy they are around) is such a monumental turn-off that I am not sure we could adapt to it even if we wanted. The movie will be a bomb along with the new Adam Sandler abortion, "That's my Boy."
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion