This has to be said

bang69
North Carolina
To all of you that have served or are serving in our nations military. THANKYOU FOR THAT.And to all military families my heart goes out to you. FYI I'm a son of a USAF Vet. CLUB ON ALL STAY SAFE

6 comments

• Clubber
    13 years ago
    Couldn't agree more. I think that many these days, in the current anti-military political arena, just don't voice their opinion as they should. They SHOULD use the right that many have fought and died for, and are still doing so. But inside, I know most good Americans thank them with all their heart!
  • JuiceBox69
    13 years ago
    I agree bang ! I'm a son of a Army Ranger of the Veitnam War.....my brother served in both Desert Wars as a Marine.....May God bless and keep safe our past,present and future solders !
  • dallas702
    13 years ago
    My son did 5 yrs in the USMC
    My Dad bombed Japan from The Aleutian Islands with the 11th Army Air Corps
    My Granddad was "over there" 1917-18
    Great-Granddad Patrolled the SW in the US Cav
    His dad proudly served the CSA Army in VA, TN, and GA
    I am proud of them all!

Me - I just floated around the Pacific and had safe shore posts while those who really served were getting shot at by Viet Cong. Feels like I didn't serve at all.

Bang, thanks for your good words. I add a special thanks to all the youngsters who have spent time (or will) overseas fighting in these new "uneven" wars. You guys deserve a "free lappers for life" card.
  • SuperDude
    13 years ago
    And shame on the banks and lending institutions who foreclosed on soldiers' homes while they were on active duty and in combat in Iraq and Afghanistan. This was in direct violation of the Soldiers' and Sailors' Relief Act, which bars debt collection activity while a soldier is outside the U.S.A. in combat.
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    SD,

Your post made me think of something related to service in our military. I would love to see those that go into harms way (combat) get the lions share of benefits, as oppose to the career desk jockeys.
  • motorhead
    13 years ago
    @dallas702

Your background sounds similar. Grandfather in France in the "the war to end all wars". Dad all over the South Pacific" in the USN. Two uncles on Korea. Another at Cam Ranh Bay. Me? Missed Nam by 3 years. So thanks to all that served!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion