Are swingers clubs hurting strip club business?

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
The City of Toronto is being called on to licence no-holds-barred swingers clubs to ensure nothing illegal takes place inside, says a spokesman for exotic dancers.

Events like ‘Threesome Fridays, Naughty Schoolgirl Saturdays and Rendezvous Thursday' are popular draws at downtown's Club Wicked. The club's owners say they're not breaking any laws at their popular Queen St. W club.

Activities at some of the GTA swingers clubs, which have a private membership list, include foot fetish events, Flirty Fridays and sex with different or multiple partners.

There are areas inside clubs where men or women can make love in view of others.

Tim Lambrinos, of the Exotic Dancers Association of Canada, said it's unfair that only strip joints, massage and holistic parlours are inspected and regulated by city officials.

“There is all type of sexual activity taking place openly at these clubs,” Lambrinos said on Monday. “Nobody is paying attention and the city can earn revenue by licensing the clubs.”

Lambrinos said there are about 10 swingers clubs in the GTA and his association has been calling for years for them to fall under the same municipal laws as strip joints.

“The activities that take place at these clubs have to be brought under control,” he insisted. “Right now, there's no laws that governs these clubs or the swingers inside.”

The association has written to city councillors and licensing officials to take action.

City of Toronto spokesman Bruce Hawkins said there are no plans to start licensing the clubs, adding they are governed by the Criminal Code.

He noted “services” are not provided by owners of the clubs.

“The activity is carried out by the patrons,” he said in an e-mail.

The owners of Wicked, meanwhile, said they're abiding by all city bylaws and guidelines.

“We are operating under the rule of law,” said co-owner Aurora Benzion. “We are providing a venue for people to meet.”

Benzion said her club is different from a strip club or massage parlour, since her patrons “have a very different lifestyle.”

9 comments

• m00tpoint
    13 years ago
    First of all, let me clarify that the m00ts are not swingers. That being said, I am not completely shocked that now a government is going to try and step in and regulate morality one step farther than a SC. Am I in favor of it? NO.

Bottom line is that the swingers clubs are private membership clubs - however they choose to define "private." As long as they break no criminal laws, I have no problem with them. No one goes there and is unaware of what will or won't happen. Nor do these clubs usually serve alcohol. At least from what I have read on the internet, they are exclusively BYOB or juice bars.

At least from the one person (a former co-worker) I happen to know partakes of this lifestyle, however, the article is erroneous in one assertion. "He noted “services” are not provided by owners of the clubs. “The activity is carried out by the patrons,” he said in an e-mail." I would disagree with that statement on at least a partial basis. In IL many of the clubs were started by swingers who do indeed partake in the activities. Nor would I agree with the term "services" as that implies money changes hands in exchange for sex. My understanding is that the membership fees are just that and whether one elects to participate in any sexual activities or not is completely optional and often times do not even take place on the club site.

oh, this was mrs m00t who is bored because mr m00t is working again......pout, pout
  • CTQWERTY
    13 years ago
    “The activity is carried out by the patrons,”

Bingo! That's the Toronto strip clubs. Meet a gal and head off to VIP with her and negotiate. Crappy furniture, but the clubs take almost nothing from a customer. Just bring your own seat cushion and toilet paper (they do run out and don't try too hard to replenish).
  • m00tpoint
    13 years ago
    CT, I find your response confusing. The comment you quote is relative in the article to the swinger clubs not the strip clubs. If it is the strip clubs, then the activity is NOT limited to the patrons as the "gal" would be an employee of the club. Or at least a self-employed contractor. If you are referencing a monetary negotiation between two patron of the swinger club, then it is not a swnger club at all as those do not allow money to change hands which is part of their draw.
  • gatorfan
    13 years ago
    Swingers clubs are for sexually adventurous couples
    Strip clubs are for perverts who like to looks at tits and ass and more
  • bang69
    13 years ago
    I have friends that are swingers. They go to strip clubs to find new play mates
  • m00tpoint
    13 years ago
    LOL @ Gatorfan. You are probably more accurate than you know! Or maybe SC are for couples who like to believe themselves sexually adventurous but are really little chickens!
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    I recently heard that a guy I worked with 35+ years ago and now have reacquainted swings with his wife. She was HOT back then, but now, like the rest of us that age, just getting old. Still, I could use my memories while on that! :)
  • Player11
    13 years ago
    I have met gals on myspace that are in swingers clubs. Even the best looking of this bunch are older and not as attractive as strippers. Furthermore to even have a chance to fuck them you need to bring a girl to the swingers club or you cant get in. Your much better off picking up a bored housewife off SA (SeekingArrangement) or a MILF. An strip club known for extras is even better. Swingers are a waste of time unless you like seeing another guy do your girl.
  • m00tpoint
    13 years ago
    From the outside looking in: I would add that SC sell fantasy. Swingers clubs deal in reality. In a swinger club people chose who they are going to be wih based on mutual physical attraction. In a SC setting the reality is that without cash that woman would not give most clients the time of day.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion