tuscl

What's Up with Strippers Tanning?

jackslash
Detroit strip clubs
All the strippers I know love to go tanning. Take my ATF. After our weekly OTC session, she always wants me to take her to the tanning salon, where she spends 20 or 30 minutes in a tanning bed. She says it makes her skin look better under the lights on stage, but I can't see any difference. She is blonde, blue-eyed and very light skinned. She's whiter than me, and that's saying something. I like her white skin, and as a strip club customer I have never selected a girl for dances on the basis of her tan.

I also think tanning is bad for the skin and may lead to skin cancer.

So why are all the strippers tanning? Is it just another way for stupid strippers to waste their money?

19 comments

• Clubber
    13 years ago
    Well, being from S. Florida, most just walk outside. I do know some that "tan" indoors, but they say it is to get rid of tan lines. They don't like to be nude on the beach. Go figure that!
  • steve229
    13 years ago
    Last two fav's had a common routine on their day-off - get nails done, get hair done, go tanning.
  • DandyDan
    13 years ago
    As far as I'm concerned, yes, it is another stupid way for strippers to waste their money. That said, they probably do it for the same reason bodybuilders and professional wrestlers and (probably) MMA fighters get tans.
  • Dougster
    13 years ago
    Narcissists.
  • bang69
    13 years ago
    Its all art of the stripper image
  • Alucard
    13 years ago
    "I also think tanning is bad for the skin and may lead to skin cancer"

It does setup persons who "tan" for Skin Cancer. It is NOT a good idea.
  • sinclair
    13 years ago
    Same reason they get tattoos, piercings, dye their hair, wear tons of makeup etc. They think it makes themself look better or will help them earn more money. I could care less about a girl's skin tone.
  • Blue42TX
    13 years ago
    Some told me it hides imperfections on their skin. Others want to look darker b/c they heard the saying.."Once you go black, you'll never go back". j/k :)
  • motorhead
    13 years ago
    I agree it's unhealthy. But I'm being critical as I'm eating my Big Mac and fries.

I have had dancers tell me they don't have money to pay their phone bill one day then go tanning the next. Some way over do it too. Some girls look like brown wrinkled prunes they tan so much.
  • motorhead
    13 years ago
    "Last two fav's had a common routine on their day-off - get nails done, get hair done, go tanning."

Steve,

That is my current favorite's routine on the days she works. She considers it part of her day. She goes tanning on the way to work so her days off are free.
  • Alucard
    13 years ago
    " "Once you go black, you'll never go back". j/k :)"

Once you DIE from Skin Cancer, you can NEVER come back!

Again this constant tanning is a very BAD health behavior. But if someone is more concerned with vanity than their long term health...Well they may very well reap the BAD consequences of this decision & behavior.

Personally I stay OUT of direct sunlight as much as possible & would NEVER get in a tanning booth!
  • steve229
    13 years ago
    "Personally I stay OUT of direct sunlight as much as possible"

Ah, good idea, Drac
  • georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    Tanning *can* be unhealthy, but it can also enhance your health. Tanning naturally, i.e. in sunlight, and *not* burning, can actually help prevent skin cancer. When exposed to actual sunlight, human skin produces Vitamin D (some forms of which can *only* be produced from sunlight), which plays its part in keeping skin healthy.

Tanning booths do not provide the same spectrum of ultra violet light that the sun does, and unfortunately, the part that's missing is the part the body needs to produce the cancer fighting chemicals.

After all, the human animal evolved in a sun drenched environment; it's a bit far fetched to think that we wouldn't have developed some defense in that time.
  • Stiletto25
    13 years ago
    I've never tanned. Luckily I don't have a pasty skintone. Its kind of a medium skintone, I don't blind people in the sun but its very obvious I'm a white person.

Some clubs do have managers that want really tan girls. In that case I have no problem with a spray tan, only the smell when it sets on my skin. No amount of anything will cover up a spray tan smell.

Tanning is a waste of money and it'll age you ten years
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    13 years ago
    My situation here in Seattle is just the opposite of Clubber's. There's no way anyone can get a decent tan outside here. Summer only lasts for two months, and there aren't enough sunny days the rest of the year to get and maintain a tan. Hence, there's a lot of tanning salons here, and the dancers do seem to make use of them.
  • sharkhunter
    13 years ago
    I remember one dancer who routinely tanned. She was definitely not an Obama fan after they raised taxes on tanning.
  • gatorfan
    13 years ago
    Fuck them on the tanning bed
    13 years ago
    The stage lights seem to make the girls look a lot paler than in real life. A girl with a decent tan will look sort of pale, a girl with no tan can look like a ghost. There's some truth to hiding the skin imperfections as well.

I like my strippers with a tan or dark to begin with. How they get there doesn't really concern me.

One girl used to say that I should go tanning with her. I think she was politely saying that I looked like a fricking ghost in the club.
  • Clubber
    13 years ago

In S. Florida, the "ghost" dancers are very rare, but do exist. I have seen guys flock to them. My opinion, they are the exception, and many have red hair.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion