tuscl

Maybe be trouble for Phily clubs.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Saturday, November 5, 2011 8:27 PM
City Strip Club Raided For Prostitution 8 Arrested At The Penthouse Club Updated: Saturday, 05 Nov 2011, 6:31 PM EDT Published : Saturday, 05 Nov 2011, 6:29 PM EDT PHILADELPHIA - A Northeast Philadelphia strip club was the target of a law enforcement raid late Friday, which resulted in the arrest of seven women and one man on prostitution-related charges. State police moved in on The Penthouse Club on Castor Avenue around 11 p.m. Friday as a result of an undercover investigation. Police had said they received complaints about alleged illegal activity at the club. State police brought out a number of young women in handcuffs, as well as one man who is accused of promoting prostitution. State Police Sgt. William La Torre said the alleged prostitution that had been taking place at the club can cause both an emotional and financial drain on families. Police sources said Friday's raid is only the beginning of a crackdown on suspected prostitution in city clubs. Employees at The Penthouse Club declined to comment Saturday.

12 comments

• samsung1
    13 years ago
    Thankfully it was not the 8 mile penthouse!
  • deogol
    13 years ago
    Wonder who the complainers were. From one of the sentences, "the alleged prostitution that had been taking place at the club can cause both an emotional and financial drain on families," it looks like it might be a wife or such. Meanwhile gambling goes on...
  • CTQWERTY
    13 years ago
    Hmmm..... the state police! Not the city vice or the county guys. Well, Harrisburg did recently declare bankruptcy ... so the state fuzz must be on a fundraising endeavor.
  • jackslash
    13 years ago
    "State Police Sgt. William La Torre said the alleged prostitution that had been taking place at the club can cause both an emotional and financial drain on families." What about the financial drain on the dancers' families if they can't earn any money? Hoes have families too.
  • basketball
    13 years ago
    There has been a lot of crack down on clubs/AMP's in the Delaware Valley the last couple weeks. Not uncommon right before an election. Hope things calm down after next week. They are messing with my favorite spots.
  • zef8mich
    13 years ago
    It wasn't the 8 Mile Penthouse, but the owner of 8 Mile Penthouse was a managing partner of the one in Philadelphia, at least when it opened. [view link]
  • gatorfan
    13 years ago
    Trouble with a capital T
  • motorhead
    13 years ago
    Seven women and one man. Damn. He must have been having a good time
  • bang69
    13 years ago
    sounds like some one didn't keep ther mouth shut after leaving the club
  • mjx01
    13 years ago
    our nanny government needs to stop interfering with the actions of two consenting adults. Then the governmnet would have more resources to go after the pervert child abusers.
  • spudd
    13 years ago
    Video Report of the bust here: [view link] I was just there on Thursday night. I missed the raid by one night. I didn't see my ATF getting arrested in the video. Reporter says they might be losing their liquor license. I don't think the club will survive without that.
  • CCRiderm
    13 years ago
    @Motorhead, the guy that was busted was the "timekeeper" he is the poor schlub that stands at the podium signing girls in and out. Talk about bad place, bad time. @shadowcat, you're right, it is a bad time in the Philly area. Even the clubs across the river in Jersey are clamping down. One of my favorite places just made all of the girls just sign an agreement that more or less indicated that if you cross the line, you're gone. This wasn't even a really bad place. The other clubs that provide shall we say a more complete service are really concerned. Gonna be a bad Christmas for a lot of strippers and their families. Cash flow is gonna be down as guys will avoid going to avoid the risk of being caught in a raid.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion