tuscl

Sit at the bar or pay for a booth?

Sit at the bar or pay for a booth, that is my dilemma tomorrow night. Usually I sit at the bar and I've been happy with that for years. However tomorrow is my first opportunity to visit a SC in about 6 months, and I want the night to go perfect. So I've been wondering if paying for a booth would be a good idea.
From the reviews I've read, seems sometimes hands are slipped under the table at the booth which is obviously a big positive. That has happened to me but rarely while seated at the bar as there is less privacy. I assume you might get some more attention at the booth as a "spender", but I have not observed that in practice.
On the negative side, seems like the shot girls tend to camp out longer and bug you more at a booth. While I do enjoy buying dancers drinks and chatting with them, I've never really had fun with a shot girl. Shot girls kind of annoy me. It might also be a bit more difficult to get away from a dancer you don't like at the booth.
Anyway, I've posted this too late to help me tomorrow, but there are more visits planned over the next few months. What are your experiences?

12 comments

• CTQWERTY
    13 years ago
    Pay up for a booth + annoying shot girls + hands-roaming dancers = Sounds like Detroit!

You'll be wasting your time if you don't sit where you can tip the stage talent frequently. No better way to make a connection in the least amount of time. She may or may not come back, but at least she'll know you're interested.
  • georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    Are those the only two options? If so, short of a dearth of other options, I'd likely find another club.
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    I've never paid for a booth and I always have a good time. Call me cheap if you will, I don't care. I'd rather spend my money on the VIP experience than bribing a fat ugly bouncer. LOL
  • scatterbrain
    13 years ago
    Sit near the area where the ladies come and go most frequently, like the entrance to the stage or their dressing room. They seem to gravitate toward the first target they lay eyes on. THat should be you.
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    I agree with vm. I can't recall ever paying for a place to sit. I have seen clubs that have a "Pay for" area, but never saw a reason to pay to sit. Some say that at a place like Tootsie's where you can pay and sit upstairs, the quality of dancers is higher. But that is the case with any club, as dancers always gravitate to the money!
  • samsung1
    13 years ago
    I have also read in reviews that on busy nights, the bouncers will kick you out of the booths after just 20-30 minutes if you are "not spending enough money" so they can make room for the people who are going to be buying bottles of champagne. Also heard via PMs of customers going upstairs to the VIP with a dancer only to come back down and see their booth has been taken. I once offered the bouncer a $10 tip for a booth because I saw it was a slow night and no one was sitting in the booths anyways. He declined saying that the prices are set and can not be negotiated.
  • shadowcat
    13 years ago
    I'v never found sitting in high price seats increased my enjoyment.
  • Otto22
    13 years ago
    Have done this only rarely and did not notice any improvement in attention or satisfaction.
  • motorhead
    13 years ago
    Samsung,

Before I got smarter, that's what happened to me at a Detroit club. I tipped well for a booth then went upstairs. I came back end the booth was occupied. WTF? What did I pay for? And it wasn't busy either. Never again. I learned my lesson.
  • gatorfan
    13 years ago
    Pay for the bar
  • Merry
    13 years ago
    Thanks for the feedback. Booth is out. To clarify, there is a third option at most clubs. You can sit at a table for no charge. The problem with the tables is those stupid chairs with the arms that are like the great wall of China. Sit in one of those chairs, and if a honey comes to sit with you there is no way to put your arm around her waist, you can barely touch her knee, and there is no way for her to reach you either. My first choice is always the bar, second is the tables, never paid for a booth yet.
  • wallanon
    13 years ago
    Don't really pay to sit in premium seats. Some places were worth it, but not many. Expose in San Diego had a Velvet Lounge and Sky Boxes. There was something you got to go along with the girl for the night in a Sky Box, but I couldn't tell you what it was since I never made it past the velvet option...etc etc for other random places.

Something else to just throw out there, in a lot of the places that are open early hours you pretty much have full run of the club. Say in a place like Vegas the number of girls may be a little thinner on days, but if you can find one you like and hang out in a balcony without shelling out $$$ that can make for some good times.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion