tuscl

Arrrrgggghhhhh!!!

Thursday, September 15, 2011 7:33 PM
Pardon my b*tch & moan, but just tried to printout the city map feature on TUSCL showing local clubs... while the onscreen version shows markers for the locations of various clubs, the actual printout comes without the markers. Not very useful for those of us who travel. Anyone else care to add to this thread on how to improve TUSCL for travelers?

8 comments

• samsung1
    13 years ago
    just curious what city are you interested in?
  • mjx01
    13 years ago
    CT, I agree that the map feature could be improved. My pet peeve is that the 'locator' only shws a fairly limited radius. It would be nice if there was a way to pick the radius. The current setup is decent for urban areas, but folks like me who live in the sticks need a larger search radius.
  • harrydave
    13 years ago
    I think that printing problem is a Google Maps issue, as that has happened to me with some other maps that had markers (might also be a browser issue). As for the search radius, I agree. If you hit the zoom out button, the map should basically reload with the new extents (currently, it does not). That's a programming thing Founder could take care of.
  • Longball300
    13 years ago
    Here's how you get around that: Scout the city you want to research and put the clubs you want to visit on your HOTLIST. Mine currently has clubs for the Detroit area for an upcoming visit. Go to your hotlist and check the top box to mark all the clubs and then go to the bottom and hit the "View on Map" button. You need to allow pop-ups and up comes a wonderful little map that includes the red markers from which you can print a map. If you click on my handle you can even go to my hotlist from my profile page and see how this works....... I also print the hotlist so I have addresses and phone numbers for the clubs.
  • Longball300
    13 years ago
    Correction: If you click on someone else's hotlist it just gives you a list of the clubs; not the map / GPS option. You have to create you own hotlist and then click on it at the top of the page in the gray box; when you are reading the review for any club there is the "Add to hotlist" link just after the general info at the top. My compliments to whoever designed this website as it has been INVALUBLE when I travel.
  • tttclub
    13 years ago
    Or, take 5 seconds and mark your spots on the map with a pen, pencil, or crayon.
  • CTQWERTY
    13 years ago
    Thanks, Magnum! Sam, Memphis, TN. TTT: I do that aplenty when I have a single objective for a given map. Memphis has 8 to 10 clubs, all pretty much on the south side. But that's also a not-so-good part of town. I'd prefer not to be off in my crayon scratches to the extent the locals take note and make me a statistic.
  • gatorfan
    13 years ago
    What the f is a marker on TUSCL?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion