tuscl

Coffe, Tea Or ???

Sunday, September 11, 2011 7:09 PM
looks like the vietnamese coffe shops are in the news again. San Jose: Three female Vietnamese coffee shop workers cited for being topless San Jose police officers doing a routine check of a Vietnamese coffee shop Sunday evening cited three young female workers who they said were serving patrons while topless. The women, ages 22, 22 and 23, are employees of the Quyen Cafe, located at 1692 Tully Road, according to police. The women were accused of public nudity, a violation of municipal code, and will have to appear in criminal court, according to officer Jose Garcia. Because the women were cited and not arrested, police did not release their names. Because the women were cited and not arrested, police did not release their names. A woman who answered the cafe's phone said she didn't work this weekend and then passed the phone to another woman who said the charges weren't true. Neither would identify themselves, and the second woman would not answer questions. Garcia said the officers were in full uniform when they walked into the coffee shop about 8:30 p.m. and immediately saw the topless servers. Quyen Cafe is one of about 20 coffee shops concentrated in a 3-square-mile area of a Vietnamese business area bounded by Story and Tully roads that recently drew public ire for using scantily clad or seminude female servers. "The police department is aware that some establishments have had employees working as waitresses or bartenders while seminude or topless," said Garcia, adding that in some cases workers have worn transparent clothing. The owners of the Quyen Café, were not cited by police. However, "that's not to say the city won't take action down the road," Garcia said.

10 comments

• Dudester
    13 years ago
    I think the San Jose PD should find something better to do, like harass drug dealers and check to see if sex offenders are toeing the line on their probation/parole. I think the cops are getting a free peak, then punishing those they are peeping on.
  • RocStarsky
    13 years ago
    They should leave these girls alone! I love to see tits, pussy, and ass serve me up good coffee.
  • deogol
    13 years ago
    They are trying to run an adult business without being an adult business. On this one, I say, don't blame the cops. Blame the legislative branch of the city government. They are the ones making the rules regarding this. It seems the cops catch all the shit for stupid rules created by the legislative branch of a government entity. Stop it where it begins.
  • georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    deogol hit that nail squarely on the head. Somebody likely complained, and in those cases where such a claim is credible, the police have little choice in how they handle it if nobody gets violent it obstructive. It's the prude ass legislator bastards and their self-righteous constituents who are really to blame.
  • Digitech
    13 years ago
    I like Vietnamese coffee. It's fun to mix the ice cubes and condensed milk. I can see myself pretending that I haven't had it before, and asking for an explanation if it was being served by a hot naked girl, though.
  • newmark
    13 years ago
    I feel much safer now.
  • bang69
    13 years ago
    now tha'st a good coffee shop
  • franktl
    9 years ago
    So which ones are good ones to visit. I was at Cafe 408 the other day. They had two hot waitresses that spoke perfect English but they rumours of them lap dancing etc... just didn't happen.
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    Doesn't SJG know about this???
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    The woman who runs that Café Quyen, 1692 Tully unit 5, Linh Vu, is absolutely nuts. Through out the entire city and in the other 20 Viet Coffee Shops, the girls hate her and I think everyone else does too. 10 years ago she was not this way. Don't know what makes her so. For one thing she just wants to rake in as much dough as possible and she does not care what happens. Most Coffee Girls will no longer work for her because she is a tyrant and a complete bitch. SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion