tuscl

Another shooting at a club

Friday, August 5, 2011 5:12 AM
Police say a shooting outside a strip club on Detroit's east side has left one employee dead and another wounded. Detroit, Michigan WXYZ, WDIV and WWJ-AM report the shooting happened early today at the Pretty Woman Lounge after an employee working at the door refused to let a man inside. The shooting happened around 2 am Friday morning. Police say the man opened fire, killing the employee and wounding another. The man fled. No injuries to the few dozen patrons inside the club at the time of the shooting were reported. The club is located on Van Dyke just south of 7 Mile Road is in a mostly black area. I've only been there years ago. I stopped going and have no plans to visit again. At this point, radio reports indicate the valet was killed and the manager was wounded.

10 comments

• cw
    13 years ago
    I've been down there a few times, always felt dangerous, but nothing bad happened when I was around.
  • rh48hr
    13 years ago
    I can't stand it when idiots feel its necessary to shoot someone because they don't get what they want. He going to go to jail for 25 to life because he couldn't get in to see some titties. Where he is going when he gets caught (an he will because he's stupid) he won't see titties ever again. Or they will be on his cellmate, 400-pound Mack the Knife and he doesn't want to see those.
  • SuperDude
    13 years ago
    Detroit, again!
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    I'll report them as they happen. It pains me when it does, but it doesn't do anyone here a service to hide the bad as it happens. I'd truely hate any bad experiences happening to our members as they visit.
  • cw
    13 years ago
    probably one of the worst clubs to go to even without the shooting risk...
  • Rasta83
    13 years ago
    Wait! Do people really need a gun in a stripclub to have fun??? Sheesh!
  • SuperDude
    13 years ago
    VM. Yes, it's painful, but we need to know and learn where to be extra careful.
  • zef8mich
    13 years ago
    According to this ClickOnDetroit article there was another fatal shooting the day before that involved a gentleman's club. This was about three miles from Pretty Woman. 1 Dead Following Shooting In Detroit Police Investigate Shooting On Detroit's East Side POSTED: Thursday, August 4, 2011 UPDATED: 8:31 am EDT August 4, 2011 DETROIT -- Detroit police said a man was killed early Thursday morning in a shooting on the city's east side. Police said the shooting happened at the corner of Hildae Street and Joseph Campau Street. Sources told Local 4 that the shooting may have occurred after a verbal argument down at a gentleman's club nearby. [view link] So far no one's said there's a connection between the two shootings.
  • motorhead
    13 years ago
    One report said the shooter refused to be searched when he tried to enter the club and got into an argument. I've been to a few clubs with metal detectors and feel a bit uneasy about it, but I can see why it's necessary. Detroit - with the good you get the bad. It's not all fun.
  • samsung1
    13 years ago
    it happened 2am on a friday. Best to stay away from any club during that time. nothing but ROBs trying to make their final dollars for the night and mostly thug customers.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion