tuscl

Dunkin Donuts worker charged with prostitution for selling things not listed on

ROCKAWAY — A 29-year-old woman working the night shift at Dunkin Donuts is facing prostitution charges for allegedly taking breaks from selling donuts and coffee to provide sexual services in exchange for money.

Melissa Redmond, 29, of Mine Hill, was arrested after a six week investigation known as “extra sugar” that began when police got a tip that people could go to the Dunkin Donuts on Route 46 and arrange a liason with Redmond.

“I had gotten an anonymous tip,” Detective Sgt. Kyle Schwarzmann, who led the investigation. “She was a night time employee (working 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.), supposedly a very good one.''

Schwarzmann began gathering information and doing surveillance at the scene. He noticed on multiple evenings that she would go out to cars to see customers and would spend 10 or 15 minutes there, he said.

“Sometimes I 'd even see money changing hands,'' Schwarzmann said, adding that sometimes the cars would stay in the parking lot and other times they would drive to another nearby location.

An undercover operation was developed wth the assistance of Officer Robert Koehler and Officer Scott Haigh acting as the undercover “John.”

“He went in plain clothes through the drive thru window,'' Schwarzmann said. “He spoke to her and she said if he wanted a good time to call her and she gave him her phone number.”

Haigh parked in the parking lot and Redmond allegedly came out, approached him and gave him a specifc price list for her services.

Haigh returned on another occasion and inquired about her services, was offered a new, and lower, price so he said he needed to go to a bank machine but would return with the money.

When Haigh returned, they drove to the back of the building and the arrest was made. Redmond was then processed, served her complaint and released.

No one at the Dunkin Donuts wanted to comment Monday morning.

http://www.dailyrecord.com/article/20110…

14 comments

• looneylarry
    13 years ago
    Sprinkles on that or cream-filled?
  • shadowcat
    13 years ago
    I guess that this gives credence to the theory that cops hang out at donut shops.
  • JuiceBox69
    13 years ago
    Omg !!! Look the hot and ready sign is on!!! Pull over son!!!!
  • bang69
    13 years ago
    wow talk about gent a cream filled donut
  • Dudester
    13 years ago
    With Obama's economy, I'm surprised that this doesn't happen at other places. I might work up the nerve to ask certain waitresses if there's some off the menu offerings.
  • rh48hr
    13 years ago
    Obviously she wanted her pussy cream-filled. I have a Dunkin Doughnuts down the street. Maybe I should start eating doughnuts more. Hmmm.
  • sinclair
    13 years ago
    "America runs on Dunkin'"
  • deogol
    13 years ago
    Times are hard. (Pun intended.)
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    Can't speak for all, but there is NO WAY with anything I see at the Dunkin' I visit!
  • runrdude
    13 years ago
    (insert joke about donut holes here)
  • samsung1
    13 years ago
    Is there any corrolation between her and donut HOLES? When we see a sharp looking chick serving us at donut places, should be consistantly ask for EXTRA SUGAR? Hmmmmm, what next? If only they made those 'drive thru' windows lower, we could start getting handjobs along with our change!!!!
  • sharkhunter
    13 years ago
    I wonder if she won any awards for best customer service?
    :)
  • farmerart
    13 years ago
    Often wondered about the profit margin in peddling doughnuts and coffee.
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    There used to be a topless doughnut shop in Ft, Lauderdale, many years ago.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion