tuscl

Dancers who spend their shifts in the dressing room....

jerikson40
New York
Wednesday, June 15, 2011 7:08 PM
If any dancers could enlighten me I'd appreciate it. This has been bugging me for many years. In just about every club I've been in, it seems like many of the dancers will spend hours in the dressing room. Sometimes most of their shift. And when the do come out, they'll sit and BS and not circulate asking for lap dances. And it's not them just having a bad day, it's pretty common. I don't get it. They can spend hours in back BSing or whatever they're doing, or come out and get some lapdances and make some money. Seems an easy choice. Why do so many dancers choose to do nothing? Thanks.

21 comments

• samsung1
    13 years ago
    Probably on drugs
  • shadowcat
    13 years ago
    According to gridget. Some of them are just waiting for their regulars to show up.
  • steve229
    13 years ago
    One night I had come in to see a favorite at the very start of her shift. I spent a couple hours with her, got multiple LDs and a VIP. When I was saying goodbye I wished her luck for the rest of the evening. She said I had already taken care of her, she didn't really feel like hustling other guys for more dances, and she planned to hide in the dressing room the rest of her shift. I figured it was just SS to make me feel good, but maybe she was serious.
  • jerikson40
    13 years ago
    I'm guessing it's probably not much different from many people working at a job they're not too fond of, and if there's a chance to screw off they will. The big difference is that strippers usually don't get paid if they screw off. And what's equally annoying is the dancers (usually the ones I want a lap from) who are extremely picky about who they ask for a dance from. Jeez, you're not getting married, you're just doing a lap dance.
  • bodaniels26
    13 years ago
    Those types of dancers are usually unmotivated and are only there to get by; they usually sit in the back drinking, smoking, and gossiping. They like to get caught up in all the drama. Some girls are passing time waiting for customers or their shifts to end but the majority of them just suck at life and are okay with it.
  • LeeH
    13 years ago
    shadowcat: "According to gridget. Some of them are just waiting for their regulars to show up." How do they know? Camera on the front door? And what if they turn away for 30 seconds? Seems that it'd make more sense to at least make occasional rounds of the club to see if regulars are there, and maybe they spot an easy mark in the meantime.
  • jerikson40
    13 years ago
    "Seems that it'd make more sense..." Maybe that's the problem. Sense. Maybe we're expecting too much... :)
  • shadowcat
    13 years ago
    LeeH: cell phones/text messages/other dancers. I agree with your logic but since when are dancers logical?
  • GoVikings
    13 years ago
    Good thread. I know exactly what you mean and I've always wondered the same thing myself. I haven't necessarily noticed dancers spend hours (not quite THAT long) in the dressing room, but I have noticed them spending a significant amount of time in the back. The last time I was at a club, the dancer I had my eye on spent a lot of her time talking to her co-workers/bouncers which is away from where the customers are at. Eventually, it was her turn to do her stage routine and I tipped her nicely to let her know I was into her. Then, right after she was about to move to another part of the stage, I told her to come get me when they annouce the next 2 for 1. I felt like if I didn't do that, she might not have came over and asked me if I wanted a dance. She wasn't really conversating with customers or fishing for dances, which really surprised me because she was easily one of the hottest dancers working that night. On the other hand, I had another dancer, that earlier in the evening, came over and sat down and talked to me for a good 15 minutes. You know the drill, she tried to conversate and get to know me a little, BEFORE asking me for a dance. I was tempted to accept, because she was really pretty, but I wanted a lap dance from the dancer I mentioned in the first paragraph, which I eventually got :) (although it took a while). Dancers are different.
  • Rod8432
    13 years ago
    I agree with bodaniels in that like a lot of people in their jobs, their just punchin' the clock and gettin' by - and they're okay with it. At Brad's Brass Flamingo in Indy, I've heard the DJ on more than a few occasions scold the dancers to get out of the dressing room and onto the floor. I agree that if they're there to make money, it ain't gonna happen while gossiping in the dressing room. Also, I've lost count of the number of times I've sat there with a couple hundred dollars burning a hole in my wallet while dancers sit at the bar, chat with seemingly non-paying regulars, or smoke cigarettes by themselves while gazing balefully around the club. I'm thinking, just crack a smile and come over to talk with me. You'll get some "no's", but each no just brings you that much closer to your yes, which is me.
  • Stiletto25
    13 years ago
    I spend about fifteen minutes per shift In the dressing room. That is to get dressed. Other than that I stay out of there. I have no idea what goes on in the minds of those always down# their time in the dressing room, bathroom, or out smoking. I'm guessing its what bodaniels mentioned
  • Stiletto25
    13 years ago
    *spending*
  • Dudester
    13 years ago
    In Houston clubs, I haven't caught the camping out in the dressing room bit, however, I have caught strippers that: A) Will camp out at a table with with a non paying customer or BF B) Will avoid me because I'm 20-25 years older than them C) Will sit alone and text endlessly (although some clubs, I've noticed, bans cellphones on the floor)
  • georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    They're hiding from all the TUSCL perverts who want blowjobs. When there's no TUSCL regulars around, they come back out in droves. :))
  • SuperDude
    13 years ago
    Just lazy. Who can understand the mindset of a dancer who doesn't work the room?
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    AWWWWWW, george. I guess I won't go to the clubs anymore.
  • georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    vm: Ssuuurrrre you won't. 'Sides, there's plenty that don't mind giving head, so no great lost.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    13 years ago
    I knew a dancer a few years ago who told me, like Stiletto, that she only uses the dressing room for its designated purpose. When there are no customers getting dances with her, or she actually wants to take a break, she stays on the floor and sits among the customers. She feels that at least she can be seen by customers (who may get dances from her later, or even another night) and it helps the club look good, by having the dancers visible on the floor. I felt that was a very commendable attitude to have!
  • lopaw
    13 years ago
    At some of the more over-priced clubs the dancers only come out during promos. They know that no one is gonna buy an overpriced dance unless a promo is going on.....so why bother being out on the floor? Unfortunately it makes for a real BORING time between promos.
  • shadowcat
    13 years ago
    lopaw: I see the exact opposite. They hide in the dressing room during promos because they don't want to do the cheap dances.
  • gatorfan
    13 years ago
    They give great lap dances in that room
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion