tuscl

SCARY: Your iPhone Secretly Tracks Everywhere You Go

8 comments

• txtittyfan
    13 years ago
    I have read that posting pictures from your camera phone leaves a trail for your location.
  • georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    tx: You can turn the location tagging feature in the camera off on your phone.

Possible general solution got the problem.

Backup your phone.
    Find the problematic file on your computer and wipe it's contents.
    Wipe your phone.
    Reconnect and restore your phone.
    Encrypt your backup.
    Repeat until Apple fixes the problem, which they will probably eventually do for PR reasons.
  • samsung1
    13 years ago
    There is one strip club here (Vanity) that gives you free admission if you show that you have checked in on foursquare.
  • georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    I'd never get free admission then. :) Well, maybe if foursquare allows anonymous check-ins.
  • samsung1
    13 years ago
    Yes you can make an anonymous/fake name foursquare account but Vanity is such a boring club that it is not worth going there even with free admission!
  • londonguy
    13 years ago
    This has been known about for some time and also applies to any phone with GPS. So I am told.
  • gatorfan
    13 years ago
    It's tracking me on the toilet right now
  • Book Guy
    13 years ago
    It is true that any device with GPS capability CAN be set to keep a permanent log of all locations to which the device has ever gone. What's nefarious about the I-phone phenomenon isn't, so much, that it is CAPABLE of recording your every location; it's that it was doing it SECRETLY and COVERTLY and without allowing the common user ACCESS to those settings. I'd be happy for my phone to record some data about me (might be helpful to know where I was last time I got that great deal on gasoline ...). But I want to be able to trust that it will be ERASED when I hit "erase."
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion