tuscl

Sob Stories

Sunday, April 24, 2011 9:58 AM
How often do you get the single mom/car needs breaks/can't pay my rent sob stories? Why don't the ladies understand that we are there a lot of the time to forget our own problems not hear theirs. They would make a lot more money, at least from me anyway, going in another direction.

17 comments

• jackslash
    13 years ago
    Yeah, nobody likes to listen to complaints. It's too bad that your ex-husband never pays child support, but I don't want to hear about it. Just shut up and suck my dick.
  • samsung1
    13 years ago
    Yeah even more pathetic are the "I have not even made enough to tip out tonight yet", which is usually something like $30-50
  • Dougster
    13 years ago
    I just tell them plain and simple "I don't care."
  • steve229
    13 years ago
    When she starts in on the sob stories, I tell her "you're lucky you got this great job then."
  • georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    OV: No kidding. I *love* to hear sob stories like that. There's two possibilities. Either they're true, and the girl will be open to making money the easy way, or they're not, and she'll go away and leave me alone when I offer to help out...for a price. I suppose if you're *just* there to see naked women and have her grind one out for you, it could be annoying. But if you're there looking for some *real* action, those are opportunities knocking.
  • farmerart
    13 years ago
    As ever, crafty george has a good comment. I have also learned that these 'sob stories' are the weak point in dancers' defences if your aim is to talk them into pay for play. If the desperation behind the 'sob story' is genuine a girl not normally prone to play for pay just may fall into your web.
  • Player11
    13 years ago
    My article - Dealing with Dancer Drama - addresses this. Its all SS - stripper shit, not our prob or concern. You can enjoy it for its entertainment value or to negotiate otc deal.
  • lopaw
    13 years ago
    I have thankfully been spared any sob stories, at least so far.
  • jester214
    13 years ago
    I don't bitch to them about my shit, I really expect similar treatment.
  • mmdv26
    13 years ago
    @lopaw That's interesting. I wonder if the sob story is reserved for girl to guy talk, and girl to girl (sob story) talk takes on a different tone....or just not done in a pitiful way??
  • SharkyRick
    13 years ago
    The funniest sob story I've heard was this past Saturday at IRC in Cocoa Beach. It seemed one young lady had her stripper shoes stolen from her locker and was looking for assistance with her "shoe fund." It was humorous watching her dance in the official footwear of Florida - flipflops! I wanted to get a LD from her anyway after seeing her on stage, flipflops or not. She gave an excellent LD so I added some extra for her shoe fund.
  • Prim0
    13 years ago
    1. I agree with the negotiation point. They are handing you leverage (or leeverage to piraty folks). You can use this leverage to get anything from some pre LD fondling to a better deal on OTC. 2. It is poor customer service. Though I'm sure it works on some of our softer hearted bretheren. As for me, its annoying and I'd rather have them listen to my shit. If she's really bad I'll start talking about how bad MY job is and how LITTLE money I've been making (though this can backfire if it gets around)
  • imnumnutz
    13 years ago
    strippers who give us their complaints fail to understand that they're in sales. you don't close a sale being a downer...
  • rickdugan
    13 years ago
    I love sob stories - they almost always translate into a great night. I say bring 'em on. A couple of months ago I was in a club in South Carolina and spent some time with a very attractive young girl. After a while, she moved on as I was not quite ready for a VIP, but I did tip her a little for her time. Later, she came back to me with the following: HER: This sucks. I need money to pay my house fee, sitter and rent. ME: Sounds like a tough situation (with an understanding smile on my face). HER: I only made $60 tonight, including the $20 that you gave me. ME: I'm sure we could work something out (with my eyebrows slightly raised). HER: I'll charge you $200 for VIP and you can do anything you want. ME: Deal. And she was true to her word. :)
  • Prim0
    13 years ago
    This is why I come here...to learn from the masters! But in my case it would probably go more like this.... HER: This sucks. I need money to pay my house fee, sitter and rent. ME: Sounds like a tough situation (with an understanding smile on my face). HER: I only made $60 tonight, including the $20 that you gave me. ME: I'm sure we could work something out (with my eyebrows slightly raised). HER: I'll charge you $200 for VIP and you can do anything you want. ME: Deal. HER: (first time my hand touches her thigh) Oh...watch out, there are cameras and they really keep a close eye on us! ME: Fuck!
  • GoVikings
    13 years ago
    Good stuff, rick. Sure it was a great time. Honestly, I've never had a stripper complain to me about her rent, bills or anything of that nature. However, I do remember one stripper expressing to me how frustrated she was by constantly getting declined for a lap dance. But that's about it.
  • rickdugan
    13 years ago
    LOL Prim0. It goes without saying that you need to know where you are. This particular club has very private, individual VIP booths without cameras. And a $20 to the VIP host generally ensures that you stay completely undistrubed for the timeframe. When I hear sob stories in clubs with sucky VIP areas, I steer things towards OTC. I've heard some version of "this club sucks tonight, I'm not going to make my tipout" countless times and it is always music to my ears. :)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion