tuscl

2 arrested on sex charges at car wash

Wednesday, March 30, 2011 7:55 PM
Gastonia police say the man and woman they found at the Super Clean Car Wash late Tuesday night weren't there just to clean the car.

Police arrested Kimberly June Poteat, 26, and Christopher Steven Andrews, 43, each of Gastonia, on prostitution charges. Police records show this is Poteat's fourth arrest in the past six months.

A Gastonia police officer said he spotted the man and woman about 10:15 p.m. at the car wash, in the 1200 block of Bessemer City Road. According to police, the car wash was closed at the time, so the officer stopped to question the two people.

Based on conversations with the man and woman, police charged each of them with soliciting a crime against nature. In addition, Andrews was charged with carrying a concealed weapon.

Andrews was released on bond early Wednesday, but Poteat remained in jail under $2,500 bond. Gaston County Jail records show she was arrested last Oct. 7 on prostitution charges, then again Nov. 19 (assault) and Jan. 14 (failure to appear in court).

Read more: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/03…

7 comments

• Hugh_G_Rection
    13 years ago
    "A crime AGAINST nature"? I would consider that "answering nature's call".

The violation of Judeo-christian moral statues (or a particularly prude version thereof), perhaps. Community standards, okay..... inappropriate venue for such a liaison, probably. Naming 'nature' as an offended party is just ludicrous-it shows if anything how hypocritically narrow our legal system really is.

George Carlin would have had a field day with this bit of linguistic double speak embedded in our legal code by Jack booted thugs who want to control what goes on in other people's bedrooms.
  • mmdv26
    13 years ago
    ...and what goes on in other people's car washes.
  • Dudester
    13 years ago
    Hey, I told the cop I was there to get "My knob polished". Next thing I know, I'm hearing the Dragnet song.

"Just the facts ma'am."
  • looneylarry
    13 years ago
    Ha, makes me wonder if it was one of those drive-in bays where you get out and use the high powered-hose yourself. Or if it was one of those where you drive in and the machines spin around the car and then you drive out. If it was the self-serve one (lol) all the guy needed to do was get out every so often and shoot the hose on his car. If it was late at night, nobody probably would have cared. If it was the drive-through automated kind, maybe he could have gone through 4 or 5 times and gotten that car really clean. That would be the challenge: can she make me pop before the drying cycle is over?
  • georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    Sounds like good, clean fun to me.
  • SuperDude
    13 years ago
    Easier to shower before going home to the SO.
  • Vegeta1on1
    13 years ago
    I'm in the car wash club :-)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion