tuscl

Strip Club Where Man Was Shot Has History of Problems

sinclair
Strip Club Nation
MEMPHIS, TN (WMC-TV) - Memphis Police are investigating a Wednesday night shooting at a Memphis strip club that was closed just weeks ago.

Blue lights lit up the front of Babes of Babylon strip club on Brooks Road late Wednesday night as officers talked with witnesses about a shooting that happened in the parking lot just before midnight.

Police said a fight started inside the club, then spilled out into the parking lot.

Three men involved in the fight jumped into their van. When they drove off, someone fired several shots, hitting the van and a 31-year-old man inside.

The van took off for the MED, but ran out of gas at a convenience store, where they flagged down officers.

"It bothers me to hear somebody got shot," said Margie Miles, who works nearby. "It hurts me to know somebody got shot."

Babes of Babylon has a history of problems. Last November, a dancer was accused of shooting at two of her bosses and a security guard.

In December, police raided the club and arrested several employees on drug and prostitution charges. The club was temporarily shut down as a nuisance.

Babes of Babylon reopened in January. The District Attorney's Office is still investigating what happened at the club. It is unclear if Babes of Babylon will be held in contempt.

The club was still operating Thursday night. Lance Lester, the owner of the club, said he could not talk about what happened because it is under investigation.

http://www.wmctv.com/Global/story.asp?S=…

2 comments

• deogol
    14 years ago
    I would say the golden age of strip clubs is coming to an end.
  • gatorfan
    14 years ago
    I think any club where a man is shot has problems
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion