tuscl

State To Demolish Doll House Strip Club

I-95 Expansion Project To Force Nude Dance Club Out

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- The Doll House strip club has been a part of St. Nicholas for more than 25 years, but that won't be the case much longer.
The strip club will be demolished because of the Interstate 95 expansion project.
"I know its been there for years, but it's been a problem for years," City Councilman Don Redman said of the Doll House.
It seems the strip club has worn out its welcome.
"We don't like the thought of it being right across the street from an elementary school and high school," St. Nicholas resident Jan Miller said.
The city passed an ordinance in 2005 barring strip clubs from within 1,000 feet of schools or churches. The Doll House is right across the street from Bishop Kenny High School, yet the city has had to fight to remove it because the strip club predates the law.

"It's time for it to go. It's past time for it to go," Redman said.
Word that the state Department of Transportation will buy and demolish the strip club as part of its I-95 road project is welcomed by some who live in the area.
"We've been working really hard to get St. Nicholas back on the map," Miller said. "It used to be a vibrant neighborhood."
Miller said the strip club is more than just an eyesore.
"We have some people that come from the Doll House all during the night to the end of our street, and you can only imagine what all goes on," she said.
Doll House owners were unavailable for comment Thursday.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/26641206/de…

Doll House in Jacksonville has been a top 100 club. Right now it is spot 56.

4 comments

• steve229
    14 years ago
    But what about the single Mom's?
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    Single moms don't matter if they're taking care of business, only if they aren't.
  • zipman68
    14 years ago
    Depressing as fuck. Doll House is the premier nude club in North Florida. I hope they can move it somewhere.

I like the bullshit like "We have some people that come from the Doll House all during the night to the end of our street, and you can only imagine what all goes on." As long as folks don't get hurt, who cares. If the cops want to bust people for being obnoxious on the street (which I've never seen around DH) do it. But come on -- if you don't like looking a tits, ass, and pussy stay out and let those who like it enjoy.
  • deogol
    14 years ago
    "Single moms don't matter if they're taking care of business, only if they aren't. "

True words.

I guess it is safer to have an interstate highway run past a school than a strip club. And we wonder why our country is going the direction it is.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion