tuscl

Songs you like because of strip clubs

Did you ever have a song which you normally might not listen to, but as a result of hearing it in a club, it started to grow on you?

Maybe a song has special signficance to you because of something that happened while the it was playing?

I'm not much of a fan of modern heavy rock, but a while ago, a dancer would play this a lot when she was on stage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_09wFxoa…

As a result, I came to like it. Not exactly one of my favorite songs, but I like it more than most material from that genre.

24 comments

• Rod8432
    14 years ago
    Actually, no newer songs really come to mind, particularly rap, hip-hop, or heavy metal. But I have grown a new appreciation for Prince's "Cream" and "Kiss" - to very sexy songs only enhanced by the visual addition of gyrating naked cuties. And I daresay, the You Tube video is much more enjoyable to watch - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKhvFcB-d…
  • Dudester
    14 years ago
    Hall & Oates sticks with me because my first day in a SC ( I was there most of the day), two of the dancers kept playing their songs.

Digitech wrote:"Maybe a song has special signficance to you because of something that happened while the it was playing?"

My first time, right at that special moment, "Surrender" by Cheap Trick was playing.

• farmerart
    14 years ago
    Can't say as that piece of music does anything for me. My fantasy is to have a naked hottie writhing on my lap to the music of Ravel's "Bolero" - one supremely sensuous piece of music to my ears. (And it is well over ten minutes in length!)
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    too much rap/hip hop being played these days.

I did enjoy a recent mash up played by a DJ of Metallica 'enter sandman' and Run DMC 'it's tricky'
  • winorhino
    14 years ago
    I was never a fan of the Neil Diamond version but I enjoyed hearing the cover by Type O Negative.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BO9aD4mzS…
  • troop
    14 years ago
    good idea for discussion imo.

the 1st song that comes to mind was years ago when i was clubbing with some buddies at the old full nude brook park crazy horse. a stunning dancer with a fantastic tight athletic body was dancing to madonna's "justify my love". whenever i hear that song i think of her even though it was over 15 years ago.

more recently 2 songs that i normally couldn't care less about but now have an appreciation of after watching hot strippers dance to them several times are rhianna's "rockstar" and ciara's "ride" and to a lesser extent, now when i hear several lady gaga songs i think of some of the hot girls i've seen dancing to them.
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    Digitech,

Ah, none that I can recall. So I guess the answer is, no!

BTW, Slipknot is already a favorite.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    I don't recall ever hearing that "before i forget" song before
  • Digitech
    14 years ago
    ^^^ I bet you will hear it on your next visit to a strip club. Synchronicity!
  • ralphyboy
    14 years ago
    let's step way back in the time capsule...1980, grimey old nude club outside sacramento called the buckaroo...topless in front...and for a small added fee a nude backroom...where i fell in love with a little ditty called 'dream weaver' by gary somebody...prob a one hit wonder..maybe it'll jog a memory synapse out there in lala land...that was the standard take it down to the bush number in that joint with my long forgotten fav...
  • mikeya02
    14 years ago
    Mickey Avalon's "Jane Fonda" gets stuck in my head.
  • Rod8432
    14 years ago
    Ralphyboy - I'm not sure if Gary Wright's a one-hit wonder, but "Dream Weaver" would be a kick-ass lapdance song - long, slow, and sensuous...
  • steve229
    14 years ago
    "Short Skirt/Long Jacket" by Cake.

Reminds of a very smart, but off-beat girl who liked to dance to it. Funny, I heard the muzak version the other day in the mall and immediately thought of her.
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    Not that anyone asked, but my basic problem with SC "music" is to me, it is anything but! This rap crap, hip hop, whatever you wish to call that stuff is far from music, and most clubs play it most of the time. Give me some hard driving metal and a hard driving dancer and you got something. Of course in the LD arena, the slow ballads are better.
  • DandyDan
    14 years ago
    I believe there are lots of country songs that fit this category for me, like "Friends In Low Places" by Garth Brooks and the Brad Paisley song (I had to look this one up) "Alcohol". There's also that "Save a Horse ride a cowboy" song. There probably are some rap songs that fit, but I can't remember any lyrics I could look up to say what songs they are.
  • gatorfan
    14 years ago
    okay no more song links!
  • mmdv26
    14 years ago
    Never paid much attention to who performs the music played in SC's. Early 2000's, I got ZZ Top's greatest hits CD because I wasn't that familiar with their music.....
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    sometimes I will hear a song in a SC and think it is fun but when I listen to it outside the club I start thinking "wtf did I download this crap for"
  • BaddJack
    14 years ago
    The first stripper I ever fell for was a crazy girl with bad ink in 1984. Her name was "Cricket" and I fell for her when she did a "rug dance" to "Purple Rain."
  • dustyshoes
    14 years ago
    Years ago in a small dive club outside Lake Geneva, Wi. I was watching this red headed doll dance to Rod Stewart: Maggie May. Somehow I never forgot.
  • LeeH
    14 years ago
    This one dancer's lap dance quality goes up about 100-fold when "Purple Rain" plays. I tip the DJ to play it anytime she's there.

On the flipside (stuff I hate but wouldn't hear outside a SC), out of about 50 songs, I've heard two covers that didn't make my ears bleed -- "Smooth Criminal" and "Careless Whisper". Heard a new (to me, anyway) shitty cover today of "Time of My Life" -- AND it was auto-tuned on top of that. BARF!
  • sinclair
    14 years ago
    LeeH, the autotune cover of Time of my Life is by the Black Eyed Peas. It is horrible. They are the most overrated, overplayed artist of the last five years.

The Smooth Criminal cover is by Alien Ant Farm and the Careless Whisper cover is by Seether.
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    I must really be out of touch. Have no idea who or what most are talking about. I thank God for small favors!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion