tuscl

Different club experience

Clubber
Florida
Monday, January 17, 2011 3:59 PM
After work last evening I stopped by a club I don't normally visit. The parking area was full, but upon entering the club, I saw the entrance lady, one dancer on stage, a DJ, 5 bouncers/managers, a bartender, and 3 customers. As I took a spot at the bar, I was served. Still saw no other dancers. They called out the next dancer and the one coming off the stage did her tip walk to the 3 of us, then retired to the dressing room not to be seen again. This was repeated by the next 3 dancers. Not one stayed out in the club. To me, very strange.

12 comments

• georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    Strange indeed. Maybe there were a bunch of high rollers already in the back spending big bucks on all the girls?
  • shadowcat
    13 years ago
    So who filled up the parking lot? I have seen it that way in a couple of smaller clubs and they did not get a good review.
  • arbeeguy
    13 years ago
    Why not tellus the name/location of the club. That might elicit a little more interesting information.
  • arbeeguy
    13 years ago
    Why not tellus the name/location of the club. That might elicit a little more interesting information.
  • tigerfan3
    13 years ago
    Keeping dancers out on the floor is a constant battle. Sometimes they all just want out hang in the dressing room all night.
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    Well, it's their loss, then, tigerfan3, it's a constant battle to keep customers coming in when the dancers don't give a shit about their job.
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    To answer a couple of questions... There were no high rollers. The dancers were just in the dressing room. I doubt there would be a high roller in this club. I have no idea about the parking lot, but I will admit it isn't that big to start with. The first time I went to this club, it was called the Organ Grinder. Many years ago, and I always thought that a rather reveling name for a club. It went through some name changes. At one time, I am not sure of the real name, but I stopped by with some friends after work. We then called it the "Ugly and Nasty". It was the pits. The name now is "Playhouse Miami". Anyway, this was my fourth recent visit. The first was to check it out as I had heard it was redone. I did review it then. I went back to check it out since a dancer told me I was there on a bad night. The second visit, I ran into an old (46) dancer friend. I saw her as I was leaving, but she asked me to return, so I did. And the above time was the fourth. I think that will do it for a time. As vm knows, I am hooked to Stir Crazy and Showgirls, both south of Miami. Well, maybe not the clubs so much. :)
  • lopaw
    13 years ago
    Seems that many dancers are unwilling to make an effort out on the floor if there are only a handful of customers around. Like vm said, it's their loss. Seems stupid of them to not even try. How much you wanna bet that they were all in the dressing room bitching to each other how they are not making any money. Sheesh.
  • tigerfan3
    13 years ago
    I couldn't agree more Lopaw.
  • mmdv26
    13 years ago
    During the day, the girls sit in the back and wait for their regulars to call. They come out for the easy money and then disappear again. At night, I'm not sure why they stay in the back - see above. A well run club would require them to be on the floor most of the time - especially at night.
  • troop
    13 years ago
    lol@ lopaw's last sentence. yes there have been a few times when i was at various clubs and the dancers just ignored the customers or hung out in the dressing room. i guess they were just lazy or moody at the time.
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    mmdv26, I would agree, but of the 5 managers/bouncers, they were all playing with the various TV's. Not sure what they were trying to do, but at least it was more entertaining than the "dancers".
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion