tuscl

A new trend?

Monday, January 17, 2011 1:26 PM
Or a bad idea? [view link] I bet not everyone was offended in the audience.

12 comments

• georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    Certainly not everyone, but the points about kids in the audience and offering up this sort of thing at an ostensibly family friendly event are valid ones. Properly done lap dances are *not* for kids after all. :)
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    Bad idea.
  • Raincoat
    13 years ago
    I am opposed to anything that brings strip club activities to the mainstream. I don't want women becoming too familiar with the gray areas of the law that get explored during lap dances. That is unless they have nice tits and plan on doing some southern explorations of their own.
  • Dougster
    13 years ago
    tittyfan: given that you were the guy who said to short treasuries the day before they bottomed, your ability to identify "trends" is rather suspect.
  • SuperDude
    13 years ago
    This is the kind of dumb stuff that invites crackdowns on SCs. Who is so stupid, brain dead and politically numb that he/she would authorize and promote this at a public sport event where families are in attendance? Fire all involved. Lap dances belong in clubs, not on display for children. Forget whether or not seeing this is harmful to children because that's a debate for psychologists. Parents don't want their children exposed to this and have every right to expect that such exposure will not occur at half time at a lacrosse match. This public frat boy behavior hurts the industry and weakens support for the idea that SCs can self police.
  • SuperDude
    13 years ago
    If a club was involved, they are stupid. If no club was involved, think about the conduct and attitudes of people who would stage a stunt like this, knowing that it could cause political trouble for others. Some one in the room should have said, "Look, I don't care about stripclubs or lapdances, but if we do this at half time, it could provoke a public reaction against us and against stripclubs. Let's drop this idea."
  • mmdv26
    13 years ago
    Maybe they should have a jello shot contest....kids wouldn't be offended; it's jello! Mommy, mommy, what does that lady keep falling down?
  • samsung1
    13 years ago
    While probably not the most outragous halftime promotion professional sports have ever seen, the activity angered fans who were at the game because of the Blazers' own "family fun activity" advertising.
  • samsung1
    13 years ago
    Here is a youtube video of it [view link]
  • Prim0
    13 years ago
    I'm thinking about renting a mascot costume for my next SC outing. There may be less feeling through the thicker material but then again, there may be better access through a front flap or something. Being in C-bus I guess I could go Brutus Buckeye or Stinger of the Blue Jackets. Then again, who can beat the SD Chicken!?
  • DoctorDarby
    13 years ago
    What I found interesting was that all the blurry, long range cell phone videos of this little show were pulled off the web by the National Lacrosse League for "copyright violation." Um . . . did anyone know that there even was a National Lacrosse League? Since when did minor, rinky dink sports leagues enforce copyrights to amature videos taken by their fans?
  • georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    Since they want it to go away. They wouldn't say a word if it showed them in a good light, but since it doesn't...
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion