tuscl

People who run adult nightclubs

Thursday, December 30, 2010 12:54 AM
Is there a thread here or a forum somewhere where people who run adult nightclubs post?

43 comments

• robbing1
    14 years ago
    FYI This isn't a place for adult "nightclubs."
  • gatorfan
    14 years ago
    TUSCL is for customers not owners
  • R.Giskard
    14 years ago
    Awww, come on you guys. we're always bitching on here about how clueless these guys are, maybe this guy could take a hint. tigerfan, Welcome. This is the place Turn up the stage lights, put a gag on your DJ and turn down the music.
  • robbing1
    14 years ago
    First of all, if you came for "nightclubs" then this isn't the place to post. Giskard, wtf are you saying?
  • whimsylights
    14 years ago
    robbing1, doesn't "adult nightclub" in this context mean stripclub? Or is it refering to some sort of alt/swingers thing? TUSCL has had dancers post and I believe bartenders and bouncers have posted. Why not owners if they have or want an honest interaction with customers?
  • basketball
    14 years ago
    If they want to read the posts to see what the customers think of their club, that would be smart.
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    Other than gf, is this a newbie post topic?
  • Player11
    14 years ago
    Probably on Strippers Web. That place is very customer unfriendly though.
  • tigerfan3
    14 years ago
    Thanks folks, but what I'm really looking for is a place where strip club operators/managers can talk and compare notes. It's a tricky business and not as easy as you might think.
  • troop
    14 years ago
    ^ well it's not rocket science either. hire good looking dancers and explain to them that they are not there to cheat the customers, convince the dj that he's not the star of the club, tell him to speak like a normal person, turn down the volume so people can speak and hear each other without shouting, drop the gangster music to cut down on trouble makers and enable customers with money to be comfortable in your club, cut the alcohol sales to customers that are obviously drunk, and treat the real customers with some respect.
  • tigerfan3
    14 years ago
    Lol, more to it than that I'm afraid.
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    tf, Of course there is, to a limited degree. But a strip club is no different than any other business. You have to have customers and entice them to give you their money. And you have to give them a product that costs you less to provide then the amount of money you entice from them. No matter the business, it is always Economics 101...A retired business owner
  • tigerfan3
    14 years ago
    Well, I can't argue with you there clubber. Still, I was surprised at what it takes to be successful in this business.
  • tigerfan3
    14 years ago
    To the poster who mentioned strippersweb--thank you. It's mainly for dancers, but it's still an interesting site for me. This one is as well, although it's mainly for customers. To the poster who asked if I'd be willing to share what club is mine, I'm unable to do that. I can only tell you that it is in a state with less than ten total strip clubs. To tell more would limit my ability to speak freely.
  • VETERANCLUBBER
    14 years ago
    Why not share your club? Does it have horrible reviews, got a gag order, something doesn't sound right ??????
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    tigerfan3: Why don't you tell us what you think it takes to run a successful club? You said you were surprised at what it took, and I for one would be interested in why you were surprised. Like clubber says, it's a personal service oriented business (irrespective of whether or not you tolerate some of the "extra" service that sometimes occurs), and there are tried and true methods for improving the odds of success in one of those. Yes, there are differences, but those differences are mostly of degree, and not kind. What troop was detailing were some of the *attributes* of a club that would entice him to come back, and frankly, I agree with every single one of them. If you believe those attributes are, at least in part, incompatible with running a "successful" club, which your answer implies, tell us why you think so.
  • tigerfan3
    14 years ago
    Well, it would prevent me from having honest conversations with people here when it comes to what goes on behind the scenes. Honest conversation with others in the business would be beneficial to me, talk with customers would help too. But surely you can see that naming my club would dramatically limit that. Once the club is named, then my public face has to go on.
  • tigerfan3
    14 years ago
    "tigerfan3: Why don't you tell us what you think it takes to run a successful club? You said you were surprised at what it took, and I for one would be interested in why you were surprised. Like clubber says, it's a personal service oriented business (irrespective of whether or not you tolerate some of the "extra" service that sometimes occurs), and there are tried and true methods for improving the odds of success in one of those. Yes, there are differences, but those differences are mostly of degree, and not kind. What troop was detailing were some of the *attributes* of a club that would entice him to come back, and frankly, I agree with every single one of them. If you believe those attributes are, at least in part, incompatible with running a "successful" club, which your answer implies, tell us why you think so." Thank you for the reply. While troop made some great points, it's easier said than done. Hiring good dancers who don't cheat, for example. Well that sounds good but it ain't easy to do! He also remarked about DJs. Well in my city, which has a small workforce to draw upon, finding a good DJ is almost impossible. Then if you get one they are either prima-donnas or they are just there to bang your girls. When it comes to turning down the music, there are reasons why it's so high at strip [view link] is that it makes it so people at the table next to you can't here your conversation with the dancer. Another is that it makes it so the customer and the dancer have to lean into each other in order to talk, they have to speak into each others ear. Troop also mentions the gangster music. Truth is, we play to the audience. If I have 12 guys with cowboy hats in the club, we're playing country. If I have a club full of men over 45, it's classic rock. You asked me what it takes to run a successful club, and thats hard to answer here. My post would end up being an essay!!
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    Write an article, or a series of them. In addition to giving you more space to expound, it will get you a period of VIP membership so you can read all of the reviews of your club, and others, to get a pretty firm idea of what customers thinks makes a good club. True, there are going to be differing opinions on precisely what goes into a good club, there are are also trends.
  • vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    Anytime, tigerfan3 we welcome well thought out discussions. Welcome to our group. Stay anonymous if you wish. What I posted about "drink minimums" still stands. I can appreciate the theories behind them, I was in the restaurant business for over 12 years, but forcing people to drink, just plain alienates people. Good luck in your venture, we have a retired oil man in our group, if you run your place right, who knows, he may buy your place. LOL
  • tigerfan3
    14 years ago
    Thanks for the advice. I'm not much of a writer, but I will consider that. In the meantime I'll enjoy using this site to learn things from the customers side of things.
  • tigerfan3
    14 years ago
    "Anytime, tigerfan3 we welcome well thought out discussions. Welcome to our group. Stay anonymous if you wish. What I posted about "drink minimums" still stands. I can appreciate the theories behind them, I was in the restaurant business for over 12 years, but forcing people to drink, just plain alienates people. Good luck in your venture, we have a retired oil man in our group, if you run your place right, who knows, he may buy your place. LOL" Vince, my club doesn't serve any liquor. But we still have a one drink minimum. And yes, those drinks are expensive, lol. But those drinks are 50% of the clubs revenue, without those $6 red bulls I wouldn't be here.
  • troop
    14 years ago
    tigerfan3 says: Posted: 12/31/10 Lol, more to it than that I'm afraid. ^ of course there's more, i was just giving some examples that it seems club owners/management ignore. there aren't any easy answers but without us customers the clibs will fail.
  • troop
    14 years ago
    "clubs"
  • SometimeVoyager
    14 years ago
    I would think running a strip club would be filled with problems - finding reliable dancers, managing the cat fights, harassment from cops, all of which is on top of the usual challenges associated with running any eating or drinking establishment. I'd be willing to enter into the business as a partner or investor, but only with very experienced management.
  • vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    True, very true, tigerfan3. I don't think anyone would have a problem with a "1 drink minimum" Best of luck to you. The guys here (and a few women) know it is a challenging business to be in.
  • tigerfan3
    14 years ago
    Thanks for welcoming me. I have already found this site to be informative.
  • XrayspeX
    14 years ago
    Tigerfan3 - You should check out [view link] The guy that writes it used to run a club and its a fairly interesting read. Though, I can only imagine the legal and personnel issues you have with running a club. Between authorities that will try to use the gray areas of the law to get you into trouble to the citizens that don't want a club in their back yard trying to get rid of you. On top of managing your existing dancers (making sure they show up on time and in a condition to work) as well as trying to find enough stable, hot, new faces, so that your line-up doesn't get stale.
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    tf, One thing you said about your problems stands out to me. "Well in my city, which has a small workforce to draw upon, finding a good DJ is almost impossible." That implies that you are in a rather small town, not a city. I can not imagine ANY cities these days that doesn't have many many looking for work. It doesn't take a mental genius to be a DJ. That said, and assuming I am correct about your local, I would say your major problem is location! I thought you made some good points about the music volume. I do, however, wish there was a way to lower the volume at tables with guys talking with friends as opposed to those with guys and dancers. :)
  • farmerart
    14 years ago
    tigerfan3: vincemichaels outed me. I am the retired oil guy. After I discovered the SC world I was intrigued with the thought of opening a club in my home city, Calgary in western Canada. I decided that it was a no-go. The numbers in Calgary on return on invested capital just did not add up compared with comparable returns in the oil patch - a world I know intimately.
  • tigerfan3
    14 years ago
    Lol, when we told told the bankers we didn't plan on selling liquor they rejected our loans. Guess we're having we're having the last laugh now.
  • tigerfan3
    14 years ago
    "One thing you said about your problems stands out to me. "Well in my city, which has a small workforce to draw upon, finding a good DJ is almost impossible." That implies that you are in a rather small town, not a city. I can not imagine ANY cities these days that doesn't have many many looking for work. It doesn't take a mental genius to be a DJ. That said, and assuming I am correct about your local, I would say your major problem is location! I thought you made some good points about the music volume. I do, however, wish there was a way to lower the volume at tables with guys talking with friends as opposed to those with guys and dancers." Hey, the volume get's to me as well. Drives me nuts at times. Doubt you know my locale though.
  • tigerfan3
    14 years ago
    BTW, you'd be surprised how hard it is to find a DJ who can handle this business. In the strip club business the dancers are the stars. Most DJ's fancy themselves the star...
  • troop
    14 years ago
    ^ well that's why i said you have to convince the dj that he's not the star in my 1st post. when hiring, tell him to follow the game plan or hit the road. better yet get a jukebox. several area clubs have a jukebox and it works out ok. i'd prefer not to hear a dj ramble on anyway and i'll bet most here would agree with me.
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    tigerfan3: So what do *you* want in a DJ?
  • GSWx4
    14 years ago
    tigerfan3: The challenge you seem to have is staffing. Strippers make this especially difficult. Suggestions: treat them right. Provide a clean safe place for them to work. Establish your rules keeping them simple and clear. Enforce said rules ruthlessly and equally. Treating dancers equally does not mean the same. A long time dancer who always shows up on time and produces should get preferential treatment (i.e. schedules). Dancers understand and accept this. A lazy, customer stealing whore who’s fucking the boss is another story. Don’t fuck the help. Content, reliable, sober dancers are what you want. Beware the transient dancer (usually travelling with a deadbeat BF/pimp). She will swoop in to make as much cash as fast as possible from customers, dancers and you. The mess left behind is never good. I was familiar with a place similar to what you describe (10 clubs in the state). All the clubs, though competitors, shared information on the troublemakers. This accomplished two things. Managers would not hire said dancers saving themselves problems and the dancers knew that they couldn’t just go down to the next club if they got into trouble. You might approach the competition to see if they’d be interested. I’d check with your lawyer before you start emailing photos/descriptions to be used later in court. As for a DJ, consider an aging or ex – dancer. I’ve seen good ones and bad ones but it might be an option. You’ve got your hands full – good luck.
  • tigerfan3
    14 years ago
    "tigerfan3: So what do *you* want in a DJ?" Well what my club needs might be different than other clubs. My club is more of an entertainment destination. Not too many people just coming in on their own to get their rocks off. We get groups of 8-12 people who come in, often times with women, and they are looking for a show. So I need a DJ who provides energy and pumps them up while at the same time allows the women to be the star. In my state, people under 21 are not allowed into any establishment that serves liquor, so the the fact that we don't means that over half of our crowd are 18-21, mostly GI's looking to unwind.
  • tigerfan3
    14 years ago
    "tigerfan3: The challenge you seem to have is staffing. Strippers make this especially difficult. Suggestions: treat them right. Provide a clean safe place for them to work. Establish your rules keeping them simple and clear. Enforce said rules ruthlessly and equally. Treating dancers equally does not mean the same. A long time dancer who always shows up on time and produces should get preferential treatment (i.e. schedules). Dancers understand and accept this. A lazy, customer stealing whore who’s fucking the boss is another story. Don’t fuck the help. Content, reliable, sober dancers are what you want. Beware the transient dancer (usually travelling with a deadbeat BF/pimp). She will swoop in to make as much cash as fast as possible from customers, dancers and you. The mess left behind is never good. I was familiar with a place similar to what you describe (10 clubs in the state). All the clubs, though competitors, shared information on the troublemakers. This accomplished two things. Managers would not hire said dancers saving themselves problems and the dancers knew that they couldn’t just go down to the next club if they got into trouble. You might approach the competition to see if they’d be interested. I’d check with your lawyer before you start emailing photos/descriptions to be used later in court. As for a DJ, consider an aging or ex – dancer. I’ve seen good ones and bad ones but it might be an option. You’ve got your hands full – good luck." You've made some good points that deserve a good response. I'm taking the family out now, but will respond point by point when I return. Thank you for responding.
  • pocketrockets
    13 years ago
    love this thread. we need more like this.
  • samsung1
    13 years ago
    try ED publication's forum [view link]
  • SuperDude
    13 years ago
    [view link] OOPs. Samsung1 beat me too it. Club owners annual convention in August in Vegas. Local chapter of ACE (Association of Club Owners) may exist in your area.
  • tigerfan3
    12 years ago
    Superdude, I plan on attending that convention for the first time this year. Thanks to everyone who posted on this thread. Now that I have more experience, I've gone back and reread some of your posts here and realize how spot on they were.
  • deogol
    12 years ago
    I think the girls on Stripperweb hates owners and managers more than customers. They actually take money out of their pockets unlike customers!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion