tuscl

Heartbreaker's in Compton, IL: RIP(?)

sanitago
Florida
I went down a while ago to the club. I like the place, even though it is a bit quirky, for the 'hands-on, full-nude' fantasy dances you can get there. This visit, I noticed right away, things had changed. I spoke to one of the dancers and found out that the club had been sold to a group of Chicago-area investors. They intend to make major changes and have already begun to remake the place. The pool tables are gone, and the bar is in the process of being moved into the stage area. The former private rooms where you went to get a "fantasy dance" are going to be removed and the club will go to a "VIP Room" format with the usual BS associated with that (bouncer/security guy in the room, cameras planned for everywhere) with (reportedly) a strict "hands off" policy. The private rooms have already had their doors removed, and the amount of contact you can have is being restricted. In short, the club is on it's way to becoming another "air dance" club.
Damn, there goes my reason for going to the SC!

8 comments

• CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    Sanitago, I mourn for Haley's dogs. Sounds like it will be diet time for them.

So why would investors from a big city buy a club, politely speaking, located in the sticks? And make it a low (well, even lower) mileage place than it has been (I got nothing on the order of what you evidently received when I was there!) My understanding was they were deliberately located out of every jurisdiction so they could offer full nude dances and alcohol.
  • steve229
    14 years ago
    "Double Secret Probation" strikes again!
  • sanitago
    14 years ago
    CTQWERTY,
    I talked to a couple of the dancers, and I think they were as confused about why this happened too. I know the owners had not been happy that the club wasn't making a lot of money, so maybe it was on the market cheap and some bunch of bozos with big dreams and small brains decided they could "improve" the club to the point where it'd draw customers from elsewhere. talked to Hayley and, for now, she's staying. not sure how long that's gonna last, and to be honest, I hope this helps her decide to get the hell out of stripping (even if that'd be a waste of a fine-looking dancer). who knows. never got any OTC action there, but if you wanted a naked woman on your lap who you could actually put your hands on, it was about the only place I know of in this part of Illinois you could get it. no one knows for sure when the private rooms will go out, or how much longer you'll still be able to touch the dancers, but I'm thinking of going back next month to see what's what. let you all know then.
  • CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    Sanitago, I wonder whether Hayley will seek employ at one of the Rockford lingerie modeling shops?

Compton is definitely off the beaten path. Read your review, and I don't know where the clientele is going to come from with $300 to blow. Maybe they're going to put a flying saucer landing pad in one of the corn fields out back, and hope the green men show up horny & loaded with precious metals???
  • sanitago
    14 years ago
    it's not the clients, it's the dancers who will be charged $300/night to be "allowed" to perform. I've heard of this shit before in other clubs, and it seems like a hall of a way to encourage quality dancers to work in a club. as far as Hayley working in the shops in Rockford, I never got the feeling off of her that she was available 'by the hour', and that's what those shops specialize in. when I spoke to her last night, she seemed like she was going to make a try at staying, but I also got the feeling she wasn't sure she could manage it, just putting a brave face on it all. she did say she's got a while more to go on her education, but she's been telling me that for some time now, so I'm not too sure she might not just be feeding me SS on that front.
    no matter what happens, I have the feeling Heartbreakers is going to be going out of business in pretty short order if they make the changes I heard last night.
  • sanitago
    14 years ago
    that should be "hell", not "hall". have got to pay more attention to what I type.
  • CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    I was making a bit of a leap. If the gals need to pay the house $300 per night, then the guys coming better be pretty loaded for the gals will want to do more than break even. How that's going to happen at a rural club with low mileage I have no idea.

If I had to guess, she's willing to stay because she doubts the stated business model will work, and hopes that mgmt. will "see the light" and reduce the club's house fee in short order.

Time will tell. Good luck to Ms. H.
  • sanitago
    14 years ago
    yeah, the feeling I got from her was that she was far from happy, but couldn't see any other way to go. as for the $300/night fee, given the location, the only way I can see it happening is if the new guys put up all their security, then put it out that, for a fee for the bouncer, he might not pay so much attention and the dancers might be available for more than just a dance. as you said, right now it sure as hell doesn't make any sense.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion