tuscl

By-the-hour Motel/Hotel

sinclair
Strip Club Nation
I see some of you guys talking about getting motel rooms by the hour. This got me to thinking: How do you know which motels/hotels offer by-the-hour? Are there certain chains or is it ownership's discretion to offer by-the-hour?

9 comments

• troop
    14 years ago
    that's a question i'd like to see answered too ;)
  • Otto22
    14 years ago
    One obvious answer is that some motels advertise hourly rates right on their signs. In general these are not major chain hotels but, rather, "Mom and Pop" local motels. Never hurts to ask.
  • farmerart
    14 years ago
    Do the sheets get changed every hour too?
  • sinclair
    14 years ago
    I guess I don't see the incentive for a lodging business to offer this. 1)The sheets, floor, and other furnishings may get cum stained. 2)The room could make more money by lodging somebody that needs a multiple-day stay. 3)If law enforcement gets wind that the motel is offering the aforementioned service, they will start loitering nearby the business to do prostitution busts.
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    I either look for the information on a sign, or I call. Even in the ones that don't advertise per hour rates, the nightly rate isn't usually all that much higher. For instance, there's one local that charges $43 for three hours, with a fee for each extra hour, and $52 for the entire night, for the same room. As in other hotels, a large room, more beds, etc, raises the nightly rate, but at least in this one, has no effect on the hourly rate. Three of those three hour rentals adds up to much more than a nightly stay, so I imagine they don't discourage the shorter rentals.

In addition, if one pays cash (or uses one of those cash funded "credit" cards available at Wal-Mart) and turns in the key as one leaves, they aren't going to question it. Done that at both Motel 6 and the Best Western.

If I'm arranging ahead of time, then I'll go for one of the chains. If it's a spur of the moment thing, the hourly one gets my business.

As for changing the sheets, the chains might change them when you check out, but I'd be very surprised if the local no-tell motel did, and I don't chance it. I take my own king size sheets and cover the entire bed, and throw one on the floor, since I like to take my shoes off.

As for LE, the local one has a reputation, but it hasn't yet affected their operation. They can pretty easily disassociate themselves from the activity in any given room, so I doubt they really care much beyond "don't bother my legitimate customers."
  • Dudester
    14 years ago
    1)The sheets, floor, and other furnishings may get cum stained.

Sinclair, I see you're based in the upper midwest, but OTC Gal and I used a couple of "hot sheet" hotels that had 7/24 maid service. As soon as some couple checked out, she was in the room stripping the bed.

2)The room could make more money by lodging somebody that needs a multiple-day stay.

Math- Room is 69.00 a night. Room rents for 24.00 for two hours (+tax). Room turned over three times = 72.00

3)If law enforcement gets wind that the motel is offering the aforementioned service.

Scottish Inn, next to Houston Dolls and St. James had a high profile shooting recently-not smart to go there. However, there are three other hot sheets nearby (pm me for names).

4) How do you know which motels/hotels offer by-the-hour?

Strippers that OTC know. OTC Gal tried to pretend that I was the first she OTC'ed with. She knew everyhot sheet hotel around and said that stripper friends told her.

5) Are there certain chains or is it ownership's discretion to offer by-the-hour?

pm me.
    14 years ago
    I've stayed in a couple of mom and pop hot sheets hotels. Overnight stay for convenience and price point. They had maids 24/7 changing sheets (and doing laundry).
  • sinclair
    14 years ago
    Thanks for the responses. I have never seen a motel/hotel with 24/7 maid service. I have been under the impression the room would remain dirty till a maid came in the following morning.
  • sanitago
    14 years ago
    you can get a room for a few hours at a lot of chains. I used to use a Travlodge to meet a woman and they never asked how long I was stay or anything else, they just seemed glad to have the business.
    best bet for finding a place like that is to see if you can find anyone else in your area who has similar "interests" and ask them.
    not a lot of help, but these things aren't advertised a lot.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion