tuscl

Police: Drill was used to torture man at Lincoln Park strip club

It could have been a scene from the cable TV mob series "The Sopranos," but this is real.
Three men accused of beating a Lincoln Park man on the head with a pistol and torturing him with a power drill in the basement of a strip club were arraigned Friday in 25th District Court in Lincoln Park.

Henry Ramirez, 36, of Southgate, Coty Grifka, 26, and Nathaniel Brewer, 22, both of Lincoln Park were charged in connection with an assault on 38-year-old Dennis Cole. The incident occurred about 4:30 a.m. Wednesday at the Bada Bing Lounge, 863 Dix Road in Lincoln Park.

Ramirez, Grifka and Brewer were charged with assault with intent to do great bodily harm, felony firearm possession and felonious assault for hitting Cole with a pistol, police said.

Ramirez, a bouncer at the club, also was charged with torture and felonious assault, accused of using a power drill to drill into Cole's left hand during an assault. If convicted of torture, Ramirez could face up to life in prison.

Grifka and Brewer, police said, are suspected of assaulting Cole by beating him on the head. Cole escaped and drove to the Lincoln Park Police Department. He was later taken to a local hospital, where he was treated for his injuries.

Cole is "a past employee who worked at the establishment," said Lincoln Park Police Chief Thomas Karnes. "All of the parties knew each other."

Karnes said the motive behind the attack is unclear. Brewer, Grifka and Ramirez are to appear in 25th District Court Sept. 21 for a preliminary examination.

Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy said in a statement: "This is not a Hollywood movie; the alleged behavior is completely outrageous and will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law."

Owners of the club were cited last year for having employees not licensed to work in a strip club. Police and city officials are to decide whether there will be more penalties for the club as result of the assault.

http://www.freep.com/article/20100911/NE…

4 comments

• Philip A. Stein
    14 years ago
    That's Judy's club.
  • Philip A. Stein
    14 years ago
    http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/24958…

Prosecutors said Henry M. Ramirez, 36, Coty Grifka, 26, and Nathaniel V. Brewer, 22, assaulted Dennis Cole, 38, at the Lincoln Park strip club around 4:30 a.m., while his two children were left unattended in his vehicle.
  • vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    Yeah, it is, PAS. I hope she wasn't at the club that night. I'm glad samsung1 and I didn't go there when he was here last week. LOL
  • Dudester
    14 years ago
    I'm all for some serious fucking sanctions on that place, perhaps padlock it for a while, while the staff get a careful look over.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion