tuscl

Paying for dances before versus after the dance

georgmicrodong
Just a fat, creepy old pervert.
Thursday, August 19, 2010 4:52 PM
Here in Louisville, every club I've been to requires payment for dances up front, usually to the bartender. Is the difference from other locales possibly due to the fact that around here, the club gets a sometimes significant cut of each dance or drink? I know of two clubs where there's not a percentage tip out, but a flat rate. However, even the one club I know of that has dancer set rates, requires payment before the dance, and I know they still get a cut of each sale.

16 comments

• Dudester
    14 years ago
    Pay in advance ? Don't think so. I smell that Sallie the fish owns the place for Fat Georgie.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    I have been to three places that require payment in advance. Misty's, Private Dancer, and Whispers. Whispers Cabaret did not stay in business for longer than 6 months before closing up. I also know clubs around here like Club X take a cut out of each dance but they still let you pay after the dance. I have bought dances at all three places and they all sucked. If I would have known payment was required in advance I would have never bothered to visit. I should have just backed out when told to pay in advance at the bar, but wanted to see for myself....
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    I also always make sure to write in my review if I had to pay in advance for lap dances. Very important for out of town visitors to know so they can avoid the place.
  • troop
    14 years ago
    although i normally would not pay in advance i did once for vip dances from a girl at the platnium horse near cleveland. i thourghly discussed what i expected back there and although i didn't get as much as i wanted i wasn't really disapointed either. around here you pay after for regular laps but i think most vip areas expect the money up front, especially the club fees.
  • gatorfan
    14 years ago
    How do you pay for lap dances when you don't know how many you will be doing? I understand champagne court dances are paid in advance but I wouldn't think couch dances.
  • babehunter90
    14 years ago
    One of my favorite clubs has 3-for-2 pricing. Usually, I pay for the first dance up front and then, at the end of the first dance (assuming it was acceptable) I'll then pay for the second dance, which will then be followed by the (free) third dance. I can understand having to pay up front for at least the first dance. In fact, I prefer the setup where you pay for the dance at a central location such as the bar or DJ booth as it prevents the girl from coming out after and (falsely) accusing me of ripping her off.
  • LeeH
    14 years ago
    Have to echo gator - I get anywhere from 1 to 6 dances at a time. 1 if she sucks (not in THAT sense), 6 if she's good and I'm at Pink Pony (where I never do VIP). Plus I usually tip *something* and what that something winds up being is being calculated in my head(s) as the dances are occurring. Now VIP, I can understand, especially if it's your first time with that dancer. That's some major buckage.
  • mmdv26
    14 years ago
    Years ago, I paid in advance once. Totally air dance. I actually got up and left the club during the dance.
  • steve229
    14 years ago
    I'm usually very laid back ("pleasant" as one dancer put it) in the club. One of the few times I've lost my cool was when a dancer asked me to pay in advance. She was new to the club, so to be helpful I mentioned that asking up front was not the norm in this club. I forget exactly what she said then, but it was something about guys ripping her off before and the implication was that I might not have the cash, which set me off on a mini-rant. "Are you kidding me? You see that hunk of gold on my wrist, bitch - that's a fucking Rolex! You think I'm not good for a lousy 20 bucks!!" Ok, ok, I didn't really say that aloud, but I thought it, lol. And I did pull out my money clip, flash my bankroll, and then politely tell her I had changed my mind about the dance, so there!
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    I'll admit to more than a little bafflement at the level of almost hostility the notion of pre-pay raises here, but if you're practice is to decide on dances one by one, then I can understand better. It is easier to get ripped off that way. However, I already know how many dances I want before I start. If it's a new girl, it's one. If she proves herself, I'll get more. For a girl I know, it's going to be at least three, maybe five, depending on her ability. For those with whom I've made other arrangements, its either VIP or, preferably, OTC. Part of this is, I'm sure, the pricing structure at the clubs I go to most. Most of them have stepped prices, with one, two or three songs at a flat rate per song, five at some discount, and then VIP. Usually, "grind until I say stop" ain't available.
  • LeeH
    14 years ago
    gmd: "the clubs I go to most. Most of them have stepped prices" I wish PP did that. As I said, I never do VIP there, but often get several dances at a time. I once dropped as much on dances from one dancer as if I had taken her to VIP (not all at once, but over the course of the night).
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    I have read in a recent review for Diamond's Cabaret (Dayton, OH) that they installed cameras in LD room to confirm the number of dances done in case a customer and dancer argue about it. The reviewer thinks it is SS and does not plan on going there much anymore because cameras in the LD rooms means less mileage usually and more risk of getting busted. Not sure which is worse: having to pre pay for dances or having to do them in view of a camera, which may or may not be watched. On busy nights they might have someone sitting in front of the camera monitors to watch for mileage but on slower nights or dayshift they don't bother to monitor.
  • vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    I hope the dances are good if you are required to prepay. Any time I've done it, and it was a long time ago, the dances were not great. I choose to go to clubs where I pay the dancer after.
  • shadowcat
    14 years ago
    It's a part of life that I have learned to accept. Just like the prepay at the gas station. It has only happened to me twice and I did NOT get ripped off. But with some dancers getting ripped off by a customer once is all it takes.
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    VM: "I hope the dances are good if you are required to prepay." vince, do you refuse to pay for the first, and presumably only, dance if it turns out not to be "good" enough for you? If you don't refuse, I see no significant difference between pre-pay and post-pay in the scenario I related above. I've paid for one dance, and if I don't like it, I move on. You haven't paid for anything yet, but if you don't like it, you pay for it and move on. The net effect in both cases is the same. We're both out the cost of a dance we didn't like. Now, where there *is* a difference is when *you* like it, you get to keep going without interruption, whereas I have to go buy more dances. This may be a consideration for some, but I have to admit, it isn't really any more for me. I haven't gotten off from simple grinding in so long that I can't even remember when it was. Before I got married, I know that. So lap dances aren't a vehicle for getting off, they are an opportunity to explore the attributes of a pretty girl on my lap, and hopefully arrange for something a little more intimate somewhere else. This may be the reason the practice of pre-pay doesn't concern me overmuch, but it's also worth noting that I don't recall ever being in a club that did *not* require pre-pay for lap dances, and I've never been ripped off. It's also worth noting that, while my SC hobby spans 30 plus years, the number of clubs has actually been moderately limited. Buffalo NY, Niagara Falls ON, Jacksonville NC, Washington DC, Kansas City MO/KS, and Louisville. So maybe that limits my perspective.
  • sinclair
    14 years ago
    I've seen 50/50 on the pre-pay/post-pay on my travels. I feel the pre-pay motivates the dancer to put less effort into the dance; she already has your money no matter how little she performs. I try to avoid pre-pay clubs when post-pay are in the same area.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion